Replacing the Loudest Element in my Living Area

Remember that orange rug?  If you missed it, click here.  I was trying to reuse a rug that I had moved from the newly redecorated bedroom, because hubby thought it was a perfectly good rug and I should try to find a way to use it...It worked well in the citrus colored bedroom, but in the living area, that orange rug just yelled, "Look at me!" when you walked into the space...Sometimes, things just don't work.  I tried and tried to make it work- really, I did. One day though (after months of unhappily using it in the living area), hubby came home to find it rolled up and thrown outside.  After a conversation about why it needed to go on to the dump, he finally relented and took it away. To be honest, it was harder to keep it clean in the living area (no, I didn't spill things intentionally!) than it was in the bedroom, so it had gained a few stains in the last few months.  I don't like stains on anything, and I had tried everything to get them out.  It was time for it to go.

I lived for a month or so with no rug at all in the space.  I wanted to find the perfect one.  I follow World Market by email, and they had sent a "catalog" out that featured a fern rug in a pretty green.  



I thought it could work.  The size was right, the color was good, and I liked the fact that it was an outdoor rug made from recycled plastic bottles.  To clean it, you can take it outside and wash it with soap and water.  I was a bit worried about how it would feel underfoot until I visited the store and actually felt it.  It was surprisingly soft. So, with my inspiration box in hand, I took out my samples of other things already in the space and everything looked good.  Also, it was actually now on clearance for 75% off (happy dance!), so that made the price GREAT!  

This one is SOOOO much easier on the eyes than the orange one.




No more yelling rugs...this one asks you to look at it in a very quiet way and I'm loving it.

Now I'm busy adding fall embellishments to the space.  I'm not going overboard with seasonal things this year, just a touch.  If I'm not careful, things begin to look cluttered.  I'll share more on that in the coming posts.

Thanks for stopping in,  I hope you enjoyed visiting.

Judy

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

Comments

Popular Posts