Front Entry Dressed for Fall

Just thought I would share another fall post.  Just finished it last night, hanging the wreath as a little green tree frog hung out with me...



Do you see the little scarecrow? Last year, he was on a stick in a plant; this year, he's been attached with hot glue to my wreath...I recycle elements from year to year as long as they look good.


Everything on the wreath this year was recycled from years before, including the wreath itself.  It was a long length of grapevine that I wound around to make a loose wreath...I just wired it all together at the top, making a loop to attach to the doorknocker.




...and another element- the chalkboard.  Hubby made this for me years ago to use on the sidewalk of our art gallery in town.  You can still see "shadows" of previous notices...



I attached the black bird to the top with hot glue, so that he doesn't try to fly away!



On the floor, in front of the chalkboard, I've added a seasonal mum in a vintage crock, and a green plant that's still hanging around from summer.  I stuck another little scarecrow into the green plant to bring it into fall.



The red mum is just about to be in full bloom.


Some looks at the big picture...




Happy Fall Y'all!

Judy

Shared with:


If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

Comments

Popular Posts