Labor Day 2014- Addictive Frozen Goodness

Happy Labor Day everyone!  I hope you've enjoyed your weekend.  

I realized earlier today that I had let the entire summer pass by without even once making homemade ice cream...I decided to fix that!  I called hubby, who just happened to be in town, and asked him to bring home a bag of ice.  So, on this Labor Day 2014, we had our only ice cream of the season, and it was a wonderfully refreshing treat on a hot and humid holiday!  



Anticipation.


Doesn't it look delicious?


Yummy!





We've been making this highly addictive frozen goodness for years.  It is a mix of Orange Crush drinks (8-12 oz. cans or 96 oz.), a small can of crushed pineapple (drained), chopped maraschino cherries and sweetened condensed milk. Being the very fruity and creamy concoction that it is, I'm not really sure if it should be classified as "ice cream" or "sherbet"...

I went to the dictionary- and, I'm still not sure!  What would you call it?



I'm just going to call it good!  My niece and nephew agree. 



See you in a couple of days, and until then, have a GREAT week!

Judy

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share  your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

Comments

Popular Posts