Apple Cake & Simple Pleasures

The Labor Day weekend is over and thus marked the unofficial end of summer, so my mind is now on fall.  I thought I would finally make the apple cake that I touched on in a post a week or so ago.  (If you missed it, click here.)  This is a great way to kick off the change in seasons...it makes the house smell of cinnamon, vanilla and apples as it bakes.  It was just about ready to come out of the oven when the family all arrived from being out and about, and they just raved over the scent that met them as they entered the door.   It almost disappeared yesterday, but I did manage to hide a few servings for later!

I am about to enjoy a piece of this delicious apple cake with my afternoon coffee.  



I just stuck it into the microwave oven for twenty seconds, and it's just as good as it was right out of the oven.


Can you see the slices of apples?


...and the toasted pecans that are sprinkled atop the rich butter cream frosting?


It's perfect paired with that afternoon cup of coffee.



The little paper doily under the coffee cup...


...and the pretty little flowers-

Those are just simple pleasures.

Go ahead and make your afternoon treat special.  Sometimes we get so busy with life that we let little moments like this pass us by...spend an extra minute on yourself.  You're worth it!

This is perfect- yep, doesn't get any better than this.  

Judy

Shared with:


If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share  your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

Comments

  1. Hi Judy,
    You like to enjoy an afternoon sweet treat and a cup of coffee the same way that I do :0) I love the pretty flowers and doily. It's simple touches like these that can feel like you're pampering yourself.
    You apple cake looks like a yummy early Fall treat.
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    Have a great week,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne...thanks for popping over to my blog! Thank you for your sweet comment regarding the cake and simple pleasures post. The apple cake is a great Southern Living recipe...you should try it for your afternoon snack! BTW, I love following your blog and look forward to each post...loved the last one about September.
      Judy

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts