Old Age Pains and Coffee Table Musings

I am the only person I know of who is capable of hurting my shoulder raking leaves...I guess it's part of getting old.  Today, my shoulder is hurting. This is not the first time this has happened, so I know what I'm supposed to do- take it easy for a month or so to allow it to heal until the next episode.  The problem is, if I sit here for more than five minutes, I start looking around and begin to see things to do. Oh well, I'm just going to move a few things...maybe I can slide things around so as not to aggravate my shoulder.

So where's my mind going?  These two boxes stacked and used as a coffee table in front of the sofa have never felt right to me...Maybe if I just lift the small box off and use only the bottom one.... I think I actually tried this when I put them here in the first place, but I can't remember (another sign of old age creeping up on me!).  The box on top is not very heavy and I just use it to store paper cocktail napkins, so it's easy to lift.  Let me see...


What do you think?   



I'm not sure I like this either.  It feels a little low.

What else do I have...

I went shopping in my house and found this piano bench that I got years ago in Chicago. It's skinny, but longer and taller than the box.  


I think I like this for a change.  The height feels good when actually sitting there with a cup of coffee, and I think it looks okay.

I saw a really nice BIG square ottoman in one of my favorite local stores a few days ago.  It was cushy, covered in burlap and had big nail head trim around the bottom.  It would be great in here with my chunky furniture, but I'm not so sure that I really loved the burlap though...maybe flax or linen, something natural but not as rough as burlap would be better. I could probably make one....hmmmm.  

I can tell it's going to be hard to rest my shoulder...

Judy

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

Comments

Popular Posts