Vintage Napkin Ring Menagerie Needs a New Home

I have been cleaning house and disposing of some things that I never use, and probably never will.  Some items have been listed in my shop, JuJuQueen, others I've sold on our local facebook yard sale pages, and some things have been donated to worthwhile local events that are raising funds for one reason or another.  

It has been so liberating to let go of some of these things, others...well, it's hard to let go of the things that have created memories, but I tell myself that I'm not getting rid of the memories, just the things or, in other words, the clutter. Anyway, some things are hard to let go of, and I can't really explain why...no memories attached, they just seem special for a reason that I can't verbalize.  What I do know for sure is that I've moved some of these things at least a hundred times, and have never used them...

It's time to split my personality and have the good side do an intervention with the other side, and let some more things go...These cute, vintage (because I bought them a really long time ago) Pier 1, hand-painted, colorful, wood and paper mache' animal napkin rings are some of the hardest things for me to part with. The bad hoarder side of me says, "Well, they don't take up that much room in the pantry."...Good side responds, "You have NEVER used them!"...Bad side, "The colors really work with the new color scheme."  Good side, "Be quiet, bad side!" 

Could it be because they are animals, I feel like I'm just giving away (or selling!)  family members?...If I could be sure that they are going to a good home...I would be okay with it.




Aren't they cute?  See what I mean?


Could you say goodbye to them?  Look at the peacock...


I never figured out what this creature was, maybe a horse?  It has four legs.


I have a special attachment to the giraffes...there's a pair.


...and, look at their little rear ends!


I am ready to do it.  They will be simultaneously listed on my shop (link here), and several local facebook yard sale pages...Here goes.  Local people, if you're on facebook, look up either of these groups- Bay Minette Online Yard Sale or Bay Minette/ Buy Sell or Trade to save the shipping charges.  They are both closed groups, so you will have to ask to be a member, which is free.  The set is the same price, $32 (new marked down price is $24), on all pages.

I'll let you know where they end up.

Judy

Comments

Popular Posts