Decorating Candles With Paper and Trash!

Okay, so, I really like the splash of red that I added to the table back in this post about the poppy plates...(link to that post here)...and the more I look at the candles, they seem very naked.  They need something.  Something to play with the red...


So, I went up to my paper containers to see what scrap-booking papers I had with poppy red in them.  I found this white with red dots paper.  Not exactly what I had hoped for, but, I'll try and see what happens.  I cut strips, and taped them around each candle.



This is what they look like now- Hmmm.  Still, not enough.  What do I have that I can layer on top of this paper?  Back upstairs to my stash of stuff...Maybe something will jump out.



Look what I found!  I know I'm gonna like this, cause it's a little quirky!!  It's one of those netted bags that oranges come in.  I saved it.  Yes, I know- It's trash.  


I cut it in half lengthwise, and simply tied it around each candle.  It was the perfect length!  See what can be done with trash?




It's so unexpected, trash bows on white candles on traditional styled candlesticks...Funky- crazy- just the way I like it.  

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow my blog.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your addresses with anyone, so you can feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in your spam folder, so you will need to go look for the first one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go to your e-mail folder so that you can actually see them!  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

Thanks for dropping in today!

Judy

Comments

Popular Posts