Magic in the Studio

Upstairs, there is a landing in the loft right before entering my studio.  There, lives a cabinet that was passed down to me (from my parents as part of their dining room set) that I have been using as a computer/printer supply station.  It wasn't very pretty, so I decided to play around with some vignettes and give a hint as to what lies just through the door, inside the studio.  I moved some of my more whimsical fun pieces to this area and began to play.  I forgot to take a before picture...just use your imagination.  Supplies are still inside the cabinet.  It's just much prettier now on the outside.

Let's head up there...This is looking through the railing on the way up the spiral staircase.


Stepping off the staircase...
The floors are beginning to have that old look, with dents and scratches.  We built the house just fourteen years ago, and it's already developing that patina that I love with old structures! The upstairs floors are soft pine, so they are just going to get better with time. That's a door to a bedroom straight ahead.  A bathroom is to the right, on the angled wall.




The door to the studio is to the right of the cabinet.


Cabinet details...It was a pecan finish- until I went after it with a can of black spray paint! Then, I sanded some of it back off and that was it.  It fits much better in our home like this. The original look was just so dated.


Funky, fun, magical stuff...It's supposed to make you want to step inside!


A whole lotta magic happens through that door!


I turn little girls (big ones, too!) into princesses and queens.  It just takes a magical mind, some paper, fabric, glitter and other sparkly elements..."She giggled and wiggled with silver shimmer on the top of her head."  I love to use text from discarded books in my work...That's part of the magic- You can take words and phrases, cut them apart, and make them say something totally different from what they originally said!




Fake flowers last forever!  And, they are so pretty in hubby's grandmother's little pitcher...just another opportunity for an added smile.


Details of Doll in Dream Chair...a piece that I painted a couple of years ago. Whimsical...just think for a minute...What would you dream about in that chair?


All perfect dreams should include butterflies...



...that land in your hair!

The "artwork" that hangs on the wall above the dream chair...Can you tell I love cats?


If you look up, you will see the great reclaimed vintage light fixture that I purchased from a house in Virginia that was being torn down.  (See that story here.)



Now, I probably should step inside and share an updated tour of the studio...it's always changing!  Maybe that will be the next post...until then, I am going back downstairs to the coffee...



Have a great end of the week and weekend!  

As always, I hope I've given you a little reason to smile...Someone once said something about leaving a trail of glitter behind you.  Yes.

Judy

Shared with:

Comments

  1. Judy, this is such a fun way to not only fill an open space, or show off your pretties, but to make an introductory statement and make us want more. That is exactly how I feel - I want more. So, I look forward to the next post when we can actually enter your world of enchantment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth! I appreciate that feedback, and I will do that post on the studio really soon. Thanks for taking time to leave a comment!
      Judy

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous - love the artwork! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts