Conflicted

I'm sitting here watching Dr. Phil and attempting to write this post...I say "attempting to write" because I can't stop watching the television!  I can't believe what I'm seeing...this lady has been scammed by a man (catfish) she "met" online, and she has sent hundreds of thousands of dollars, cars, and even gave him access to her bank account, all because she is so desperate for love.  It's sad.  She believes this man is going to eventually show up, marry her, and they will live happily ever after.  This lady had to move out of the assisted living retirement home that she lived in because she could no longer pay the rent...she had given it all away.  I think her money ended up in Ghana somewhere.

There are SO MANY VICTIMS in this case- the defrauded lady, the man whose photograph (or identity!) was stolen from a social networking site and used to defraud the lady, the family of the lady... and the little ripples just continue.  She is now living with her brother-in-law so that she isn't on the street, and her grandchildren haven't seen her in three years, because she's been so wrapped up in getting ready to "be with" the nonexistent online love. 

According to the FBI, 82 million dollars a year are flowing out of the US, going to these thieves who are sitting in an internet cafe somewhere just cashing in. 

Please don't let your your lonely mom, grandmother, or any other lady that you love fall for this kind of thing...although I don't know if it's always possible to get through to them once they fall under the spell.  

This world is full of both good and evil, and the internet can be such a cruel tool for evil people with bad intentions...the same internet that I use to share my world.  I'm conflicted.  

I think I'll skip the blog post for today- I'm afraid it would have a bad "tone"...Just not feeling it after watching this program.

I'm going to make a pot of coffee and read my new Country Living magazine that came in the mail today.  I'll post again tomorrow with something pleasant.

Thanks for joining me. 

Judy

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

Comments

Popular Posts