Beautiful Fall Bounty at Burris Farm Market & Art Inspiration

I was out and about a couple of days ago and hungry for some fresh tomatoes.  It's the end of that season here, but sometimes those last vine-ripe flavorful tomatoes can still be found at local markets this time of year...I thought I would stop by Burris Farm Market in Loxley and just see what they had. 

I'm glad I had my camera with me...










 






Who knew there were so many different kinds of pumpkins and gourds?  I think I mentioned a day or two ago that I needed some pumpkins to replace the fake ones in the yard.  I think I'm at the right place!

And, isn't it funny how you don't know what you "need" until you get inside a place like this and start seeing all sorts of yummy, fresh from the farm goodies?  Like this okra...this Southern girl likes her fried okra.  

As a side note, once you have it all breaded up and ready to throw into that black iron skillet, use a light olive oil as a healthier alternative.  You really can't tell the difference.


Just look at this beautiful produce!


And, they have homemade sauces, dressings and relishes available, too.  

Gift Idea..For a special gift, you could put together a pretty fall basket with some fresh veggies and a bottle or two of something tasty and pretty from the shelf- or a loaf of freshly baked bread.  Who wouldn't be pleased with a special gift like that?




While shopping around, you will inevitably get a whiff of something delicious coming from the ovens in the bakeshop...Why not take a break and have a bite?  You can dine inside...


...or out.


The sweet breads and baked goods have me thinking that I should make a pumpkin pie- from scratch.  That hasn't happened in a really long time!  They have pie pumpkins...


I found the tomatoes that I hoped I would find!



...and, they even have green ones.  Hmmm...fried green tomatoes sound good.


...and I don't know who this customer is, but he is about to become the subject of a new piece of Judy Hanks Pimperl original artwork.  I've been itching to get out the pastels for a few weeks now, and I'm really feeling inspired by this pic.   Stay tuned for that.


I hope you've enjoyed this mini-tour through Burris Farm Market.  If you're a local, you must already know about this wonderful place.  If you've ever visited Alabama's Gulf Coast, and you traveled down Hwy. 59, you probably recognize it- maybe you even stopped there.   It's on the right side of the road in the heart of Loxley, easy in and out even with recreational vehicles, so it's a good stop for some healthy eating while at the beach.   You can learn more about them by visiting their facebook page, here, or just by searching on Google. There you can find many raving reviews.  

Thanks for hanging out with me today.  I always appreciate it!

Now, I think I'm going to pull out those art supplies.

Judy

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

Comments

Popular Posts