What I Just Finished

It's another mixed-media piece-  I started with a basic (VERY basic) watercolor composition, and added paper and glitter layers.  This is nothing like the finished piece, so keep reading...it's sort of bland in this first photo.



Just like with the paper mosaic piece that I shared (that post here), I put down a piece of tracing paper and drew the pattern, which I then used to cut each piece of paper...








 

Look at this one!  Do you see the cats?  They look like tiny cats compared to the flowers, but that's the cool thing about my crazy mixed up style of artwork- it doesn't matter.  These were cut from a recycled library book that I found in our local thrift store.


A closer look at the kitties...


I added a scrap of burlap to serve as a soft rug for the kitties...They look like they are trying to figure out if it's okay to come out from behind the flowers.  That little one is going to try out the rug first...I can just tell!


I sort of designed it as I went, checking it every so often by looking at it framed by a white mat. That always helps me to "see" what I'm actually doing without the distractions of everything around it- it gets really messy when I'm doing these mixed-media pieces, as I have bits and pieces of all sorts of things in my work space.



So, when I was happy with it, I put it in a simple frame and called it finished...Oh, I did have to wait for the glitter and glue to dry.

It was really hard to get good photographs this morning.  This is usually the best sunny place, in front of the dining room window, but it's so cloudy now...this is the best I could get.




I don't know yet where (or if) it will hang in the house, but it was a fun way to spend the day between doing loads of laundry!

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share  your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

Thanks for dropping by today!

Judy

Comments

Popular Posts