Mardi Gras 2015 & Judy Pimperl Mardi Gras Art



The time of year has rolled around once again- the masquerade balls,  revelry, and mischief will soon begin.  Crowds will gather to enjoy the parades and many king cakes, Moon Pies and liquid libations will be consumed. Children will yell, "Throw me somethin' good, Mister!", as they compete for throws that fly through the air from the colorful, magical floats.  It's Mardi Gras in Mobile and the surrounding suburbs and cities of South Alabama.  

Were you aware of the fact that Mardi Gras in America actually started in Mobile, in 1703, fifteen years before New Orleans was even founded? New Orleans is the city that most often comes to mind when you think "Mardi Gras", but right here in Mobile, where it all began, the experience has gained popularity as a more family-friendly version of the celebration. More about the history of Mardi Gras in Mobile can be found here.  

It all kicks off on Saturday, January 17 on Dauphin Island when the Krewe de la Dauphine parade rolls at 1:00 PM, and the party will continue until Fat Tuesday, on February 14.  The complete schedule for parades in Mobile and the surrounding areas can be found here. South Alabama Mardi Gras Parade Schedule

I don't celebrate the religious aspects of the carnival season, but I do very much enjoy the artistic details of the magnificent floats that parade through the streets. I will most probably be found, with camera in hand, in the crowds lined along several parade routes this season as I capture photographs that will become inspiration for future works of art, my art.  

Now, I'll share some of my Mardi Gras paintings that are currently available for purchase. Contact me by e-mail for more information.  You are welcome to share each picture on any social media page, but please don't alter or remove my watermark.


Dragon FloatAcrylic
26" x 48" gallery wrapped canvas
$400

Detail

Detail

Detail

Throw Me Something, Mister!
Acrylic with glitter
12" x 18" gallery wrapped canvas
$160

Mask Detail

Detail

Detail

Detail

Detail with Glitter on Edge of Sleeve

Float Face
Acrylic with Glitter
28" x 36" gallery wrapped canvas
$300

Detail

Detail Showing Glitter Dots

Detail

Detail

New Orleans Float Face
Acrylic
16" x 20" canvas framed
21 1/4" x 25 1/4" outside
$400

Image Without Frame

Detail

Detail

Detail


Let the good times roll!

Judy

ARTIST RETAINS COPYRIGHT.  DO NOT COPY.

Shared with:

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts