World's Longest Yard Sale Find--Artsy,Industrial, and So Cool

So, I've been working hard to get things ready for the shop, things that I brought back from the World's Longest Yard Sale.  

Washing...

Painting....

Waxing....

You get the idea, right?  It's a lot of work.  I know we make it look easy, but believe me when I tell you that we work hard for our money!  

This piece first caught my eye because of the color.  I love this industrial blue that they painted these metal cabinets way back when...and, it's perfectly rusty.  I've cleaned it and applied a coat of wax to give it a little sheen and make it not so rough to the touch.  I imagined it being put to use in some art studio to hold supplies (It will hold a lot of stuff!), so I made little tags to imply "art box"...Of course, it can be used for anything.  Just slip the paper tags out and put new ones in.  It would be nice to just use it as a pop of blue in a room with industrial decor, or a mini "office" to stash mail, etc.  

Oh, and I mentioned that it's big...Actual measurements are 16" deep, almost 21" wide and 8" tall. Each drawer is 9 3/8" wide on the inside.  





I'm in love with this piece.  It's going into the shop today (Juju Queen's Junk inside Antiques at the Loop in Mobile, Alabama) and I hope it goes home with someone special.  If not, I will be totally okay with it if it ends up coming back home with me.  I like some pieces that much.

Have a good weekend, and I'll see you in a couple of days.



Comments

  1. It will sell in the blink of an eye. Creative storage is hard to find, and you've priced it at a great point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think? I hope someone loves it as much as I do, and I do try to keep my prices affordable.
      Have a great weekend Leslie Anne!

      Delete
  2. Great piece! I bought a single drawer one over the summer and painted it turquoise and white. It was gray and way too rusty to keep it the way it was. I didn't think of waxing it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that one! I loved the color you used,
      I never knew about waxing rusty metal either, but I just started thinking about it and wondering if it would work, so I tried it. It seems to have worked just fine. Now I've got some other rusty things I'm going to wax!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! I think someone else will love it, too.
      Can't wait to see you at the meeting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts