Mr.Turkey Makes His Annual Appearance

I mentioned last post that I needed to go find my turkey that comes out each Thanksgiving...I had a little trouble finding him this year.  When I did find him, I realized he needed a bath.  I am happy to announce that he is now all cleaned up and ready to make his Thanksgiving Day appearance, but I'm going to share him with you early.  











It's hard to tell from the pics, but he's a BIG turkey!  He stands about 17 inches tall, and he's about that wide, too.

After spending a very sad week with Mama at the hospital about five years ago I headed home.  I stopped in Montevallo, just south of Birmingham, at a store that deals in antiques and art.  It was my birthday, and I was feeling really down.  When I saw him, he made me smile...so, he was my gift to myself that day.  I buckled him into the front passenger seat of the mustang and we headed home down I-65.  I'm not going to say whether or not we talked to one another on that trip...but it was nice to have company along for the ride.  

I don't remember the artist's name, and it's actually not marked.  I have that information somewhere- I wish I could share it with you now.  I like to give recognition to artists whenever possible...maybe I'll come across that paper so that I can share it later.

I hope you enjoyed meeting my turkey friend!  He always enjoys hanging out with my friends and family on Thanksgiving.


Judy

If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!

Comments

Popular Posts