Lizard Lunch, Catnip & the Family Portrait

Spring has really, finally sprung here at my house, and the cats are enjoying their time on the porch once again.  They LOVE the porch, and would rather hang out there than anywhere else in the warmer months. 

Moonbeam

Sunshine

They like to watch the lizards run along the patio rocks, and dream...







...of Lizard Lunch.

Since they can't go outside for luscious lizards, I like to treat them to their very own catnip plant...






I think it makes them forget about the lizards...

They make a mess, but they sure do enjoy it.  I just sweep the dirt up off the floor, put it back inside the pot, give it a drink of water and put it out on the patio for two or three days.  It recovers perfectly.  Then I bring it back inside for the cats to destroy once again...
It's okay.  It's their plant.  They are in cat heaven!

♣♣♣♣♣

They even have their own family portrait that hangs in the space above the porch swing!


I painted the silly portrait on a recycled 36" tabletop from the thrift store.  I bought the table for the base, used it and was going to throw the top in the dump...then, the idea hit me to use it as a ground for a painting.  I used Gesso to give it a proper painting surface, then painted it with acrylic paint, and topped it with acrylic sealer.  It weathers perfectly on the covered, screened porch. And, it makes the cats feel right at home.  

The background design comes from the comforter set that goes on the porch bed in the summertime....it's almost time to set it up again...just need to wait for the pollen to finish making a mess.  (Yes, we actually sleep on the porch!!!...will share in another post.)



I hope you enjoyed hanging out with Moonbeam and Sunshine a little bit today.  They enjoyed your visit.  Thanks for stopping by!

Judy










Comments

Popular Posts