Changes

To whomever is reading this…

I’m bringing back the old blog!  I’ve decided to make some changes with the way I’m operating my business, Down in the Delta LLC, and that will eventually involve deleting my website, so I’m going to resurrect this platform for documenting my continuing jewelry-making journey, simply for the sake of posterity.  Maybe one of these days my grandchildren will want to know what it was that I spent my days doing…

Down in the Delta, LLC began seven years ago as the umbrella company under which I operate with several different business licenses—as a retail store, an event organizer and venue, and as a manufacturer of jewelry.  The pandemic put a stop to the events, and the retail part of things had to move online, which was actually great for my jewelry business, but not for the big things in my inventory.  During this time, my husband retired and I made the decision that I no longer wanted to host events here at Pimperl Place, because, it’s just a lot of hard work.  I also didn’t want to load the trailer and hit the road to set up at other vintage markets when it was safe to do so again, because that too is a lot of hard work.  Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not afraid of “hard work” but it’s a fact that I’m getting older and it seems to be getting a littler harder, so it was time to change some things.  I chose to “semi-retire” which simply means that I liquidated my vintage/antique inventory that I had accumulated for that part of the business.  That left me only making jewelry, so I remodeled the jewelry-making studio, and my focus became solely on jewelry-making.  I will continue to operate as a “manufacturer.”  What this means is that I no longer need the LLC or the website, since most of my jewelry is now sold via facebook, instagram or through galleries.  Deleting those things will save me some cash too, which is always a good thing, right?

I’ll still use the logo (which is copyrighted) when I sign my jewelry.  And, if I forego the selling of the jewelry and just let galleries handle it, I can drop the whole paying sales tax thing that comes around every month!  It’s sort of like doing a deep house cleaning—I’m figuring out what I’ll keep and what will go.  

Anyway, I still have a few months to make these things happen, so for the next month, I’ll be hard at work fabricating more of that dramatic, dark and moody, Down in the Delta jewelry!  Here’s a look at the new studio where I get to work.  


This is the mural that I put up after painting the walls black.  I’m in love with it!  I use it as a background when I’m photographing the new jewelry.


This gives you a better idea of what the entire space feels like.  I have a crazy good amount of light with that spider-looking light fixture!  And I used some of my vintage and antique treasures to complete the studio.  It turned out so much better than I had imagined, and it made me want to redecorate the entire house!

Here’s a shot showing how I use the mural as a backdrop in photos of jewelry.


I’ll be back soon with some more new jewelry.  I need to get busy!

Judy






Comments

Popular Posts