Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Monday, December 14, 2015

Featured Artist--Down in the Delta Vintage and Antiques Market

Good morning!  I have some exciting news to share with you.  If you follow my other page, www.downinthedelta.net, you probably saw the post yesterday--if not, then stay with me while I share!

As many of you know, I'm currently accepting applications for vendors to participate in the Down in the Delta Vintage and Antiques Market.  I will be featuring one artist at the market. Now, you are probably wondering why just one artist, or why any art at all...well, art is a huge part of my life and I love to work great art into my home alongside my vintage and antiques treasures.  I feel they go hand-in-hand.  But, since this market is first and foremost about vintage and antiques goods, I decided that I would have just one artist at each market.  And the artist would be featured as the artist of that market.  Their work would have to be fabulous.  It would have to play well with antiques and vintage goods.  With that in mind, I've chosen the artist for the upcoming market.

Drum roll.........

And the artist is....Jerry Bradley of Red Dog Pottery!

I have known Jerry for years, and back when I co-owned an art gallery, he was one of our most popular artists.  People collected entire sets of his work.  It is so simple, beautiful, useful, easy and enjoyable to use.  I really can't say enough good things about his pottery. Let me just show you some of my Red Dog Pottery pieces.


This vase is large.  And I always keep it out to be enjoyed and shown off.  When the pine branches leave, forsythia or fruit tree blossom branches will take their place to celebrate spring.  It's one of those pieces that just always works with whatever branches you want to gather and use. This light glaze color is perfect for spring and summer, but also has warm browns that work well for fall and winter.  


The pie plates...aren't they just pretty?  And just imagine a freshly baked, bubbly pie, pulled straight from the oven in one of these pie dishes.  Can't you just smell it?  The bottom one with the ruffled edges is really deep, so it's perfect for those one-dish pie meals and hot dips.  I LOVE my pie plates.


If you every drop by my house and have a cup of coffee with me, it will be served in one of these fabulous mugs.  I've literally enjoyed hundreds of cups of coffee in my mugs over the years.  

See the medium sized bowl/dish behind the coffee cup?  I usually have it out on the island filled with onions, although it would work equally well holding apples, candy bars......or, whatever.


I collect this color, but he also does a dark brown glaze that is popular, too. And, sometimes he does Raku, which is beautiful, but not as functional.  I'm hoping he shows up with the kind I collect, because, well--I'm being selfish.  

If you're able to make it to the market, I'm sure you will fall for Red Dog Pottery just like I have, and you will have to take a piece home with you...then you will be calling for more....yes, it can be an addiction, collecting his work.  But at least it's a healthy addiction.

If you sent in work to be considered for featured artist of this market, thank you.  All art is beautiful and it's hard to choose just one artist.  Next market, I will most probably go with two-dimensional work, so if you are an artist and would like to be considered, go ahead and send in some pics for me to see.  My e-mail box is always open and you can find it by visiting www.downinthedelta.net...click on "contact us" and it should open a dialogue box.

I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment