Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Monday, December 7, 2015

Down in the Delta--A Vintage and Antiques Market

Hi friends! The following is an excerpt from my new website www.downinthedelta.net. If this sounds interesting to you, jump on over and read more about it. It's a new event, so I'm trying to spread the word. I would appreciate it if you would share!  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Down In The Delta- A Vintage and Antiques Market--the website-- where I will be sharing info about my new business by the same name!

The first market will be held April 1 & 2, 2016, just as the grass is beginning to turn green in the delta, and we're all ready to get outdoors to play a little. The pop-up event will be held in Baldwin County, Alabama, in a beautiful setting with a gorgeous view of the Mobile-Tensaw River as it winds around through the delta. We are situated in a county park where the oak trees are dripping with Spanish moss...so the setting itself is a magical place...just imagine what it will be like filled with vintage and antique treasures! There is no other pop-up vintage and antiques show that I'm aware of anywhere in South Alabama, or along the Gulf Coast, so it will be a market that I hope will grow into a premier event that our vendors and shoppers look forward to attending each season, year after year. The plan is to do a spring market in 2016, and if that goes well, I will add a fall market to the line-up for 2017. As things grow, there will be a holiday market...I hope you will make plans to attend and help me grow and enjoy this dream!
Visualize with me for a minute if you can, what I've described above--the delta. Now imagine vendors showcasing wares that they have sourced specifically for this event. They will be bringing their best, and because each vendor has been vetted, I can assure you their merchandise will be staged in dramatic and inspirational ways--a visual feast for your eyes! You will take away decorating tips to use in your own home by studying their displays...There will be something for every decor style and taste, to include chippy, shabby, rusty, rustic, farmhouse, French country, french fancy, and industrial pieces. There will also be vendors who specialize in up-cycled and recycled pieces, and painted furniture. You will find art and jewelry, too, and I'm sure there will be some rare and unusual pieces that make an appearance to keep things interesting...
If you are a vendor of vintage, vintage inspired, up-cycled and recycled pieces, or antique goods, and you would like to be part of this fabulous event, click on the Applications tab at the top of the page where you will find instructions for the application process.
I am hoping to book some special guests that you will want to meet! Please check back frequently for news and updates.
Inquiries? Please contact me at DownInTheDeltaMarket@yahoo.com
On Facebook, the page is https://www.facebook.com/downinthedeltavintageandantiquesm…/


Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment