Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Fab Fashion Friday

Hello friends!  I haven't posted a fashion piece lately...life seems to just get in the way of everything I want to do, and such is the story with my Fab Fashion Friday posts.  I will try to get back on track with that, because it's just so much fun to put them together.  It's like I'm shopping virtual racks of clothing, and what woman wouldn't enjoy that? 

I made another cuff.  I know, you're surprised, right?  This one is mine, and I never make pieces for myself, but tomorrow's my birthday, so I made myself a gift!  I wore it today and I could have sold it right off my arm several times...I always wonder if I should have, because I can always make another one, right?  No,  not really. I probably will never find another belt like the one I recycled, and this piece of turquoise is fabulous.  It is set in sterling silver that I fabricated to fit the stone.  I really enjoyed wearing it and I think it would be hard to part with it now.

Anyway, I'm going to pretend that I'm a little girl again and I'm playing with a paper doll--dressing her all up....and her focal piece is my bracelet....

Come along with me as I play...


... here's what I created.

Turquoise and Leather Cuff with Casual Set


88 Es In Blue blue top
$27 - yoox.com


Levi's levi jeans
macys.com


Steve Madden riding boots
lordandtaylor.com


Raagaz laptop purse
$145 - silkfred.com



Janessa Leone hat
shopswank.com


6 comments:

  1. I think you found your calling in making those cuffs. Every one of them is great, but this one is especially beautiful! You deserve to make yourself something special. You've been working so hard this past year.Have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine! I'm really enjoying making them...I appreciate the sweet comment.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! What a great gift for yourself. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Judy, definitely keep that one! Happy Happy Birthday!! I love the way you styled it with the cool leather necklace. Paper dolls were my very favorite thing as a child!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! I wish we had known one another as young girls...we could have played paper dolls together!

      Delete