Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sweet Little Primitive Cabinet Comes Home

I just brought lots of things home from my booth in the antiques mall.  My rule of thumb when purchasing for the business is to always buy what I would like to use in my own home if it doesn't sell.  So, I'm having fun placing "new" things all over the house and I wanted to share them with you, one at a time, over several posts.

This first vignette features a small primitive cabinet that I purchased from an estate sale a couple of months ago.  The lady from whom I made the purchase must have been in her late eighties, and she explained that her father had brought this home years ago from a barber shop.  She said it was "very old."  I'm in love with the primitive little wire hook at the top and the wavy glass in the door.  It has become sort of a small display case in my home. Here's what I did with it...

It's on top of the boxes, under the peacock.

A closer look...



With the door open...
 

Tiny treasures can be tucked into the cubbies.

The sweet little wire hook at the top...

Stay tuned for more little vignettes that I'll be creating from things that have made it home from the shop!


4 comments:

  1. Love that little cabinet! You always have the right eye for design and balance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funky and interesting find Judy! It looks great atop your stacked wooden pieces~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can certainly understand why you bought the little cabinet. It is precious... can't believe someone didn't buy it. Maybe it was just meant to be with you. Hope you get to come to our Open House. Maybe something else will want to go home with you!

    ReplyDelete