Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Special Saturday Show to Benefit Our Four-Legged Friends

Hi friends!  I want to let you know about a special event that will be taking place Saturday to benefit the North Baldwin Animal Shelter here in Bay Minette.  


My friend, Dorothy, volunteers her time and energy to help save these animals, take care of them and find them forever homes.  The North Baldwin Animal Shelter is the only "no-kill" shelter in the area and it stays full, as you might imagine.  Dorothy came up with the idea to do this event earlier this year to help them with a new source of funding and to get folks to stop in who might otherwise just drive on by.  During the first event, a few visitors who stopped by the show found some furry friends that ended up going home with them, so it was a success for the shelter in more than one way, and they wanted us to do it again.  

It was also a nice show for us vendors who participated...I was there with my art and jewelry. Saturday, I will be set up with art and jewelry once again, but my booth will also feature the addition of some antiques that I've moved from my booth in the antiques mall.  I also heard that some other antiques vendors would be set up too, so there should be a good variety of merchandise on hand.  

If you are local and are interested in a booth, call Dorothy.  Her phone number is (251) 377-4667. The space is VERY affordable and we get good traffic, being on the Gulf Shores Parkway.  

Now, I'll share some pictures of a few of the treasures that will be available.  









This is just a very tiny fraction of what I will have available...Most of the pieces are packed up and ready to go, so I can't get pics.  I have ironstone, furniture, jewelry, vintage wicker, picture frames, cool kitchen things, buttons, etc, etc....

If you're in the area, come by and see me!  Art, antiques and animals on a Saturday--it should be fun.

Thanks for hanging out with me for a bit today!  If you would like to follow along and be sure that you don't miss a post, just look to the right at the top of the page and you can follow on facebook, instagram, pinterest, or bloglovin'...Just click on the buttons.

4 comments:

  1. That pumpkin painting is wonderful! Hope you are enjoying this cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And, I am LOVING the cooler weather...just hope we get to enjoy it a little while before Old Man Winter makes an appearance.

      Delete
  2. Oh I wish I could go Judy! I have been stuck in Bham for weeks. We wanted to spend the whole month of Oct down there, but now are hoping to get there by Oct 15. I bet you will have fun and sell a lot! Such a great cause~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm sorry you've been unable to spend October down here...I know you were looking forward to being here with cooler weather and smaller crowds at the beach. Maybe you will still have a few weeks of good weather when you do get back down. I hope the show is a success for the shelter--it is for a good cause. And, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no rain!

      Delete