Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Friday, October 16, 2015

One-Of-A-Kind Leather Cuffs

Still making cuffs and bracelets for the upcoming trunk show in Mobile, AL.  I will share details when I can...

As always, I start with old thrift store leather belts, then add embellishments that are sometimes old, sometimes new.  This series includes some of both--there's a great old piece of turquoise on one, a wonderful vintage square bakelite button on another, as examples of old, and the new embellishments include a great huge carved coconut shell button on one, and a fabulous Italian crackled green one on another...lots of variety in this series.

If you see one you like, message me for more info.


New Boho-Style Embellishment and Laced Back

New Boho-Style Embellishment and Snap Closure

New Carved Coconut Shell Button
with Leather "String"

Italian Crackled New Button


New Heart Embellishment

New Large Tortoise-Shell Look Button

Vintage Pale Green Jade with Purple Crystal

New Pottery Bead with Blue and Brown

Vintage Tortoise-Shell Look Button

Vintage Mother-of-Pearl and Turquoise with Crystal

Vintage Buttons

Vintage Bakelite Button

They feature a variety of closure styles.  The velvet laced ones are a little more adjustable in size than the others, for obvious reasons.


The snapped ones all have the size clearly marked on the inside.


Some snaps are gold-toned metal and some are silver-toned, and are chosen to enhance the embellishment on the front side.





Thanks for visiting...

Feel free to share and I would love to have you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Bloglovin' and facebook.  Click on links at the top of the page on the right side bar.


Shared with:


5 comments:

  1. Very unique and whimsical pieces. I like the little pieces you are adding in the front to make each one unique, they would make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary K! I'm hoping to sell them during the gift-buying season. I appreciate you dropping by.

      Delete
  2. Hi Judy, back again, I just tried to connect with your Facebook , but there is a s ign on top of your social media that says "Edit me". Perhaps you can look into it and then I will be able to follow you. Thanks for adding me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary K...thank you for letting me know you're having trouble connecting with me via facebook. I had my son check into it and he can't find a problem. I don't know why it's telling you to "edit me"....If you do facebook, you can just go directly to my page and like it there. Here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/judypimperlblogger
      I hope this works!
      Thanks,
      Judy

      Delete
    2. Oh, Mary K, I forgot to ask if you have a facebook page. I'm not seeing a link to one on your blog, so that may be the problem. You have to have a page to be able to link to mine.

      Delete