Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Leather Cuffs and Bracelets Made From Old Belts

I've been busy searching for old leather belts lately...and buttons, and anything else cool looking that I could use to make and embellish a series of bracelets and cuffs.  

After much cutting, sanding, polishing, marking, punching, hammering, smashing, drilling, stitching, gluing, and snapping, I'm now ready to show you some of the new pieces that I've created from the recycled leather, each with the addition of high quality vintage materials that have been altered to fit my designs. 

I am adding to my inventory for a trunk show that will be here before I know it (details to be announced), but if you see one that you like, just message me and we'll figure out if it will work for you.  The sizes vary, and some can be adjusted slightly.  They range in price from $35 to $45.

Some of these will be making their way into my space at Antiques at the Loop (Mobile, AL) next week. 











And, there's one necklace...so far!

  

I would love for you to share my work on Pinterest...feel free to pin away, just please link back to me here at the blog.  Thanks.


Shared with these great parties:

7 comments:

  1. I've never seen the belt end used as a pendant - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I had that little piece left over and I couldn't make myself put it in the trash, so I just decided to try it. Thank you for stopping by and the nice comment!

      Delete
  2. I love them all Judy, so unique and very cool! The necklace will be snapped up quickly I think!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! I'm glad you like the necklace...It was a good way to use that little end of the belt.

      Delete
  3. Judy, these are so cute and creative! Who would have thought that buttons and belts could make such pretty jewelry?! I love them. Good luck with your trunk show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! A nice comment from a fashionista! That means a lot to me.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Judy, these are sooooo fab! You know how much I love upcycled stuff (if you didn't, now you do). I've considered using belts also in my stuff. But, I don't if I could execute it as well as you do. You've really made some beauties!

    ReplyDelete