Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Autumn Clay Beads and Cold Brew Coffee

I just spend a few hours browsing around online, and I came across some pretty amazing things! Usually, I would just hit the "Pin it" button and stick it on a Pinterest board, but I decided to share some of my finds in a blog post today...complete with links, so that if you really like them, you can click on over and read more.  

I'm really into anything autumnal lately, for obvious reasons...Here's a great fall bead element that's made from polymer clay.  Wouldn't it be a great focal piece for a necklace?  I can see it strung on a simple leather cord--yep, that's how I would wear it.  Other fabulous pieces are available, as well, in this online store, Staci Louise Originals.


She even does a tutorial to teach her technique for achieving the crackled look with polymer clay.  It's just $16.  I'm thinking I might have to do that...I always wondered how to get those crackles.


Then I ran across this, which is odd, because I was just thinking about trying this yesterday. You see, we got a Keurig coffee maker as a  Christmas gift last year and I've been drinking a few cups a day since then.  I love the convenience of the brewer, but the coffee is so strong (even when I tweak on the options to get the weakest brew) that it started giving me acid reflux problems.  I decided to take myself off coffee for a bit just to see if that was the culprit--it was.  No more problems, but I like coffee, so what's a girl to do?  I saw on the Dr. Oz show a few days ago a guest talking about cold brewed coffee, and she said it was much smoother than coffee brewed with heat.  It sounded like something that could work for me...as I said, I was already thinking about giving it a try, and now I know how to do it.  Very simple instructions can be found here:  FarmFreshToYou--Cold Brew Coffee.  They show a glass (or jar) here that looks like it has milk and an ice cube floating in it...I have always loved the flavored frappuccinos, and this looks like it would be similar.  I guess it could even be blended with the ice for my own version.  I always drink only flavored coffees, so I will start out with flavor already in the cold brew...and I suppose you could add anything from there.  Mmmm, a little added chocolate?  Yes, drizzled over the top.

Cold Brew Coffee

There's so much more to be found out in the cyber world, but I have work to do, so sitting here at the computer all day long is not an option.  

I think I'll go start that cold brewing process.

Hope you're enjoying your Sunday.  I'll see you again next week.


2 comments:

  1. I love the clay bead idea on leather! And I too drink coffee from a Keurig, but the stronger the better for this gal. Lol. Now the iced coffee sounds delish and could be easily "weakened" that way. I hope to see you soon, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! I think most people like their coffee strong, like you...I'm sure I'm the oddest coffee drinker out here!
      Hope to see you at the next meeting. I feel like it's been forever!
      Judy

      Delete