Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Fiery Little Cheesy Breakfast Sandwich

Hello everyone!  It's been a crazy busy couple of weeks for me, so I haven't posted in over a week! Yikes.  I love blogging, and I've missed it the last few days...it helps me to stay centered when I sit down and write about whatever is going on in my world, and I feel a little "off" at the moment, so I'm going to share a simple little post to get me back into the groove of blogging...

This morning, I was able to sleep in and I must say, it felt good.  

When I did get up, I rummaged around in the fridge trying to find something to eat for breakfast.  I've been on the run so much, I really didn't have a clue what I would find!  I found some bacon!  Bacon is always good, so I baked the entire package on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  While that was in the oven, I dug around some more and found this block of cheese that I bought a couple of weeks ago at Rouses Market.  I had no idea about what I would do with it when I bought it, but it just looked so good I decided to give it a try.  It's Henning Mango Fire Cheddar Cheese. It is sort of on the expensive side at $10.99 a pound, but  oh so worth it--really good cheese.  So, here's what I did:  Using a Sweet Multi-Grain Roll, I split it and added several slices of the already cooked bacon, some cheese, and then stuck it into the microwave oven for 25 seconds.  It was a quick and delicious little breakfast, full of layers of flavor with a spicy little bite at the end.  I had hot coffee with mine, which made the bite a little more intense, but it was really good! I think I'll have another one tomorrow morning.

It's probably not the healthiest breakfast I could have made, but oh well...gotta live a little, right?  I'll just be sure to eat an avocado for lunch to mix some of those good fats in with the bacon fat that's floating around in my bloodstream...and maybe I'll have some fruit on the side tomorrow.

If you have a Rouses in your neighborhood, you should go get a hunk of this wonderful cheese!



Now, I've got lots and lots of pictures to get off my phone and camera so that I can write some interesting posts about my last couple of weeks.  I hope you'll stay tuned...



6 comments:

  1. Back to back posts with bacon! Oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize that until you pointed it out! lol I do love bacon...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear . . . my cardiologist wants me to block your blog now! You are tempting me with all my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of felt guilty just hitting the publish button...I figured I would get a lot of folks in trouble with the doctors! As long as we take in just as many good fats, we should be okay...I hope.

      Delete