Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Juju Queen's Junk is Now Featuring Ironstone and Fall Pumpkin Art

Have you noticed that everyone is searching for ironstone these days?  I've sold many pieces in the last few months, so it was at the top of my list of "wants" for the World's Longest Yard Sale.   I have plain white ironstone, as well as transfer ware, all with the nice aged crackles that everyone loves.  I also found some nice floral platters, bowls and plates at a moving sale here in our hometown.  The homeowner had used them as wall decorations, so they are in perfect antique condition.    These new pieces have been arriving at the shop over the last couple of weeks, so I snapped a few pics yesterday to show you a sampling of what you can find at Juju Queen's Junk.

A Thanksgiving display that includes ironstone and
a turkey or two...

A vintage carving set for Thanksgiving,  more
ironstone, English china, and turquoise pottery...

Brown transfer ware is perfect for a fall table setting...

The pretty floral pieces that I bought locally...
Look at the piece in the stand on the right--
Pure gorgeousness!

Blue transfer ware gravy...
 
More blue transfer ware pieces...

I also painted some new pumpkins that are now in the shop...They all have the turquoise blue background and are painted in acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas.
 


I didn't hang around snapping too many pics as the thunder was beginning to rumble and I was trying to beat the rain!  Such is life in the summer in Mobile, Alabama...

I'm bringing more treasures in every few days, so I'll share more pics Monday or Tuesday.

Hope you're having a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment