Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Monday, August 31, 2015

Fabulous Funky Floral Fun

Hi everyone!  Hope you had a great weekend and your Monday is off to a fine start.  I'm sitting here drinking my third cup of coffee to get my week started, and it's one of those rare August mornings here in South Alabama where it feels nice to sit out on the porch...So I decided to bring my computer, coffee and my newest funky find out to the porch to show you.

You all have heard me speak of Linda, my friend who owns Coastal Charm, a shop inside Antiques at the Loop in Mobile, Alabama.  Well, Linda always has great things...I've shopped her place for years, before we were ever friends, and I always find something there to love.  Friday was no different... We ran into one another at the antiques mall where we were both "working" our shops and she was showing me all of her newest treasures coming into Coastal Charm.  

As soon as my silly little eyes fell on this piece, I knew I had to bring it home!  It was not just calling my name--it was yelling!  I mean, just look and you'll understand why.  


Is that a whole bunch of fabulous funkiness, or what?  And, it's so tiny.  It's hard to tell by this pic, but it's about 3 1/2 inches deep, maybe a foot tall, and about 18" wide.  I jokingly referred to it as an "underwear suitcase" because that's about all it will hold!  They probably referred to it as an "overnight bag" way back when.  It's just so cute and funky, I had to have it. 

Linda asked me what I was going to use it for and mentioned using it as a computer bag. What a great idea...I'm wondering if my computer will fit.  It looks close...



...but just a tad bit too small.  Maybe I need a new computer...

I can think of many other ways to use it too, so it will probably be one of those pieces that floats around the house from place to place.  The colors work with my decor, so I'm going to have fun with it.  And, it may eventually end up going on a road trip with me holding my underwear.
  



Now, I need to get up and get to cleaning this house.  

Enjoy your week!



5 comments:

  1. Judy,
    Oh I hate that your computer is a tad bit too large for it...darn! Thanks again for shopping with me and for joining in at my party today.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay...I will love it anyway!
      Some cool things are going on at your party...Did you check out that chicken salad recipe? Yummy sounding.

      Delete
  2. Very groovy bag! Good excuse to get a new computer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? That's what I'm thinking.

      Delete
  3. Too bad it's not quite big enough! So cute! I'm sure you'll find lots of uses for this retro bag~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete