Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Mystery Solved and Happy Endings

Don't you just love it when a story has a happy ending?  Well, I've got one to share with you today...

Remember the post (link here if you missed it) where I had the "mystery" item--the ironstone thing with holes in it?  Here's a pic to remind you what it looked like.


I asked for help in identifying the piece...it seemed nobody knew what it was...and then there was this comment from my friend Linda, who blogs over at Coastal Charm and has a shop in the same antiques mall where my shop is.

Judy,
I have the answer to your question about that piece of ironstone and I also have the other piece that goes with it...give me a call.

Blessings,
Linda

I should tell you that Linda and I attend a lot of the same sales...and we seem to like the same things at times.  It's sort of funny that we each had half of the set; she had the top to my bottom! The mystery has been solved.  It's a covered cheese dish!  I'm just wondering why the silly estate sale people tried to break up this beautiful couple... 

We talked and decided to put them back together, because that's just how it was meant to be. Now they're hanging out in Linda's shop, Coastal Charm Interiors at Antiques at the Loop. As you can see in the next pic, they are right at home in a chippy cabinet that's full of other ironstone relatives.  It made my heart happy to see these two back together again.




Wherever the pair ends up, I feel certain that they will live happily ever after.  

Update.... 
This post was written on July 17, and set to publish on July 21.  Today, July 20, I found out that this lovely couple SOLD on Saturday!!!  That was fast.  It only got to visit with the other ironstone in Linda's place for a couple of days...I hope they will be happy in their new home.

Hope you're having a great week!

6 comments:

  1. What are the chances? Awesome! Such a neat piece too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It was very nice, and rare now that I actually think about what we had! Oh well, I'm sure it went to a good home...

      Delete
  2. What a crazy story! What are the odds you'd find the other half in a friend's booth? I need to get over to Antiques at the Loop and do some shopping. I'm still wearing the skirt I bought from your booth and people love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was crazy! I'm glad I blogged about the mystery and that Linda read it and recognized that it was the missing piece to her top! I'm glad you're still enjoying the skirt! I've marked down all of my clothing...trying to make room for fall and winter pieces. Come grab some bargains!

      Delete
  3. oh wow, that is too funny!! The holes are so the cheese doesn't sweat? What a funky piece, and I am so glad you and Linda were able to reunite the happy couple!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna! I guess that must be the reason for the holes...sweaty cheese wouldn't be too appetizing.. Gross, now I can't get that image out of my mind! It was very funky...don't know why I didn't buy it myself. Linda and I weren't thinking clearly. We were just so happy to get them back together. Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete