Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Monday, July 6, 2015

Juju Queen's Junk is in a New Space!

Hello everyone!  Did you survive the holiday weekend?  We had a great holiday, but I'm slow getting started this morning.  We visited family in Mississippi and had a great visit, wonderful food, and lots of laughs--the perfect holiday weekend.  I wandered around with the camera to get some pics of pretty things at their home too, and  I'll share them as soon as I finish editing...

Today I want to show pics of the new Juju Queen's Junk space.  I moved to a new booth right around the corner, still inside Antiques at the Loop, but just to a better booth.  I've admired this booth from the first time I saw it--it has shipping palettes on the walls!  It's so pretty and gives a great funky vibe and texture to the space.  It's also a little larger than my original booth so I can add even more treasures!  I spent July 1 moving everything...It was a job.  A BIG job.  I could hardly move the next day...I think Juju is getting old!

Come along with me on a virtual tour...

 

See what I mean about those walls?  

At the center of the stage is the trestle table with four (six available) turquoise painted chairs.  I've topped the table with lots of ironstone and some small tables, stools, and stands to vary the heights of it all.  In front, on the floor, is a great old box that would make a wonderful coffee table.  It's wearing the original great blue/green paint and has chains to hold the lid on the inside.  It's also on wheels. 


 Lots of other pretty things are hanging out with the chest.


On top of the table...details...


















My clothing rack is on the left now...


Hubby is building a shelf to fit on the top of the rack so that I can display clothing sets there...that's why is sort of blank at the moment over the rack.

If you don't already know this about me and my style, I LOVE black.  I tend to gravitate towards the color and I'm always wearing it...even in the summer.  I also love to decorate with black...So, I've tried to pull all of my black treasures together on the right side of the booth...
















 





Now, here's a closer look at what's hanging out along the back wall.






...and that's it--but just for the moment, because new things arrive almost daily. 

If you see something you like please visit or contact Antiques at the Loop.  Just remember to tell them you saw something on Juju Queen's Junk post that you liked.  My booth code is JJQ--it's helpful if they know that.  

I also want to mention that they do wrap gifts beautifully... You sort of have to see it to know what I mean.  They use vintage laces on wedding gifts.  It's extra special.

I'm editing pics now of my most recent finds that will be going into the shop tomorrow.  I will try to get them posted as soon as they hit the store!

Thanks for visiting.  I always appreciate you dropping by.


3 comments:

  1. What a chore moving all of your things, but your new booth is fabulous! I'm sure you'll take over the whole store before long! (If Linda @ Coastal Charm doesn't beat you to it!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! You're right about it being a chore to move everything...and about Linda! Her spaces are always great!
      Thank you, my friend, for the sweet comment and for wearing Juju Queen clothing and jewelry!

      Delete
  2. oh how exciting, exhausting, but a labor of love! I know you had a ball playing and arranging in your great new space! you have a trove of treasure Judy, and I especially love your paintings...I hope I can get by there soon to see it all in person!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete