Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Friday, July 17, 2015

Is It Okay To Wear Black To A Fairytale Wedding?

I attended a fairytale wedding last weekend...

The morning of the wedding I went to the closet to grab something to wear...Everything that still fits was either black or white, neither of which I felt would be appropriate...So off to town I went in search of a nice outfit...

I went to four or five stores, trying on dress after dress...nothing.

Then I stopped by Kohl's.  I've always loved the Simply Vera line by Vera Wang.  I was drawn to a top...but it was black, white and gray.  I was telling myself NO, NO, walk away from the BLACK top...Just then my phone rang.  It was my friend, Linda.  I told her what I was doing and she said she thought it would be okay to wear and that the rules had changed...It seems that it's no longer taboo to wear black to weddings. That was music to my funky little ears, because if I'm not wearing denim, I'm wearing black. It's just my color.  I decided to go with it.  I tried on the Vera top and it was perfect...and comfortable.  I then went to the clearance rack and found a black lace pleated skirt that was fabulous when paired with the top.  So that's what I wore to the fairytale wedding, and I received lots of compliments on the outfit.  Oh, and guess what?  I wasn't the only person wearing black!


Fairytale Wedding Guest Outfit




Heart jewelry
$11 - bluebanana.com




I was in such a hurry when I left the house that I forgot to bring dress shoes!  So I grabbed these cheap little flip flops that have a gray beaded flower feature on the front to dress them up, and that was what I wore. They were actually pretty nice looking!  (Please don't judge me for wearing these non-shoes to a wedding...I'm still in shock that I did it!)

Everything that I purchased is now on sale at Kohl's!  If you like the outfit, hurry into your local store or order online.

This is also very a very age appropriate set for us ladies over 50!  I frequently wear items that some ladies our age would not feel comfortable wearing, but this one is great for everyone.


This is not a sponsored post.  I received nothing from Kohl's...it's simply part of my story.

4 comments:

  1. I loved you outfit Judy, so so cute and so versatile! I remember when I got married, a thousand years ago :) my mother's best friend wore a black dress and everyone was horrified! Ironically, when my daughter got married, just about every one of her friends wore black! Yep, times have changed!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was afraid I was going to be the guest that horrified everyone at this wedding! Isn't it weird, though, that colors ever meant anything other than just a color? I'm so glad the times have changed in that regard...

      Delete
  2. Judy,
    Look at you...all fancy in your pretty black attire. Glad I called you before you spent all day trying to find something that you were happy with.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you called too Linda! Thank you.

      Delete