Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Friday, July 10, 2015

Fab Fashion Friday--Summer Livin' in Linen and Some Smashed Spoons

I have been wearing a lot of linen tops the last week or so (with denim!), but I thought that a nice, loose-fitting, shift style dress would be great for a cool, comfortable, summer look.  I really like this one that I found online.   

I also wanted to share with you a new jewelry line that I've just started.  Because there's just one of me, I've only completed three pieces, so far.  I have been wanting to do these for some time now, but it's really hard to find silver-plated soup spoons.  I finally found eight at a recent estate sale, so I grabbed them.  The necklaces could also be made with teaspoons, but I wanted them to be round and not oval.  So for now I'll complete the eight, and I will be searching for more soup spoons as I'm out running around treasure hunting.  

The soup spoon necklace has a nice simple, industrial, mixed-metal style, and that's just what I had envisioned.  A lot of people who make these just drill a hole in the top of the piece, but I decided to go that extra step and put in an eyelet.  It gives it a more finished look and also is an opportunity to add another metal (copper) that contrasts nicely with the silver. I've finished it by adding a simple round black leather string from which to hang it, with a bead of a third metal (bronze colored).  It would be the PERFECT piece to wear with a simple linen dress.


 

They are available in Juju Queen's Junk, inside Antiques at the Loop, priced at $30 each.


Summer Livin' in Linen


Free people dress
lordandtaylor.com


Dorothy Perkins sandals
$52 - zalando.co.uk



Burberry beach hat
dellamoda.com





6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of turning a spoon into a pendant. I'll keep an eye out for silver plated soup spoons for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend...and I'm still searching for Legos for you!

      Delete
  2. Love the spoon jewelry Judy! I just can't wear linen though, it always looks like I've been in the spin cycle :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! That's the only bad thing about wearing linen...those crazy wrinkles! It happens to me too, but I just pretend that I don't notice.

      Delete
  3. Your new line of necklaces are so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Happy day friend!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete