Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Thursday, July 30, 2015

A Look Back and a Clearance Sale

I was just looking back at some of my old posts and projects...and I figured, since it's Thursday, why don't I do a Throwback Thursday post?  So, here are some of my favorites from this last year of creating, blogging, shopping, photographing and all of that other stuff I do.

My soft pastels in the studio...lots of pretty colors.

Collecting fall leaves at home...

Pumpkins at Burris Farm Market...

Meeting Miss Mustard Seed...

Moonbeam

Sunshine

The "man mannequin" that wore a dress...
the things you see in a thrift store...

Some of my artwork...

More of my artwork...


Some of my vintage button rings...

A newly finished sterling silver cuff bracelet that I made...

A "soldered necklace" that I made using
a vintage stamp.

Painting my dining table and chairs...

The candy I made at Christmas time...

Our beautiful library in Bay MInette...

Making denim bracelets for the shop...

Finding treasures...

Some of my funky art...

Wow!  I could go on and on...I'll save some for next Thursday!

If you're in the Mobile, Alabama area this weekend (or next) we will be starting our Purple Tag Clearance Sale at Antiques at the Loop tomorrow.  Juju Queen's Junk will have lots of purple tags, so come on out and grab yourself some bargains!  I'll try to post some pics on fb and instagram later today...

I'll see you in a couple of days...Have a great weekend!



4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a round up of great posts Judy! Since I've only been following you for a few months, I can't wait to go back and check these out! Happy weekend!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! Isn't it fun to look back? I always forget what I've "talked" about, so it's like a little trip down memory lane. I appreciate you checking in to see what I shared!

      Delete
  2. Loved the look back at you old posts, an I especially like your autumnal art! Also, since I am a big fan of the Miss Mustard Seed blog and her milk paint, I think it's great that you got to meet Marian in person. Wishing you much continued success with your business, your art, and your blog!
    Dorene@ Seasonal Chapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dorene! And, I'll have to admit that meeting Marian was a special occasion...she is so sweet, just like she comes across on her blog. I appreciate you dropping by and leaving the nice comment.

      Delete