Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Summer Entertainment for Kids of All Ages

Our fabulous local library always puts together a fun summer line-up of activities to keep the kiddos happy,entertained, and excited about reading.  

Poster via Bay Minette Public Library

I took a couple of family kids out to the first show on the schedule last Tuesday, the Super Science show, by the Exploreum in Mobile.  

The Crazy Nutty Professor and his red-headed sidekick showed the children how super heroes get their special powers.  They explained things in ways that resulted in lots of smoke, booms and flames...The kids LOVED it....and us grown up kids might have enjoyed it a little bit, too.






Look at the lady's face!  I knew better than to raise my hand when they asked for volunteers...

With all the flame throwing going on, I'll have to admit I was a little worried about the blue and orange hair...remember the Michael Jackson Pepsi advertisement video production that went wrong? For those of you who are too young to remember the incident (1984) follow this link. Michael Jackson hair on fire 

Well, next week is the magic show...

I will go and take the kids and they will love it, too, and  I will probably enjoy it as much as I did this one.

I will not volunteer for that one either.  I love magic tricks, but I'm not quite ready to disappear, or turn into a duck, or get cut in half, and... well, you just never know what's going to happen...I will be sitting right there in my chair taking pictures.

See you tomorrow for Fab Fashion Friday!










4 comments:

  1. wow, that looks like a ton of fun Judy!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Jenna! I'm looking forward to next week to see what we will get to experience...

      Delete
  2. Judy, These troubadors of science were at Fairhope Public Library earlier this week and they were fabulous! Wherever you are in the world check the website of your local library for fabulous free entertainment and activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they are traveling around for kids to see, because not everyone can make it out to the Exploreum. Glad you got to experience it, too! And, yes, the libraries are a treasure trove of fun. I think sometimes folks do need to be reminded about what all is available at our libraries. Thanks for the comment, Alan!

      Delete