Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Latest Antique Finds for Juju Queen's Junk

Wanted to quickly share with you  my latest treasures, most of them from yesterday.  I had a really good day out pickin'...


Lots and lots of old lace, and I'm always looking for the tea-stained and ecru colors.  Good haul.  Baby spoon.  Water bottle sprinkler for ironing...who remembers using these?  I did.


Some fabulous beaded collars.  An old, really heavy, hand-carved wood bowl.  An ironstone serving bowl...



Edgar Allen Poe book...


An old drawing board with GREAT naturally occurring marks that show it's age.  I think I'll make a sign of some sort with this piece...


Hotel Bristol towel...


Set of four ironstone plates with gorgeous black trim...


A piece of driftwood--with barnacles.


A galvanized container...I'm thinking it would be pretty holding a potted succulent.


A fantastic mustard colored pottery bowl and some vintage carded buttons...



...and my favorite finds of the day.  Not one, but TWO great old boxes...and they are already this great color that we are all trying to reproduce today!  With natural distressing and patina...


...and they are on little wheels!



Look at the details.



I'm debating on going out to do some more pickin' today.

Everyone have a great weekend, whatever you decide to do.

Oh, if you're in Mobile, AL and you would like to do a little shopping, I'm running a sale over at Juju Queen's Junk--25% off all clothing.  Trying to clear out the summer wear to make room for fall.

6 comments:

  1. Great boxes! Are those go in your store??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi lady! I think I've decided to keep the smaller one (for now) and the larger one should go into the shop tomorrow. I'm cleaning it up today...it's the size that would make a wonderful coffee table for someone.

      Delete
  2. Thrifting is so much fun, and you certainly found some great things, Judy! I especially love the drawing board and those fabulous painted boxes!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Alice! I do love to go out digging for treasures. That drawing board is now a sign, as of a few minutes ago. I just posted about it. I think everyone is in love with the boxes!

      Delete
  3. Love the boxes! My favorite color :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine, too, Jenna! I'm taking the big one to the shop tomorrow at Antiques at the Loop. I kept the small one as a side table/storage bin for my porch...

      Delete