Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Silverhill Market and Southern Bloggers Jubilee

Finally.....a minute to sit on the porch and catch my breath!  It's been a busy month and I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off! 

First thing to share as I play "catch-up"...We had our Southern Bloggers Jubilee meeting earlier this month, a couple of weeks ago.  It was held at a fabulous little slice of paradise in Baldwin County, Silverhill Market.  I'm going to show you some pics and I'll let them speak for themselves, because sometimes when so much cuteness abounds, words aren't needed.  Come along with me--let me show you what I mean... 
















Don't you just want to jump into the car and make a trip to Silverhill?  

Let's go inside one of the many buildings on the property now.  Wonder what's inside that red door...hmmm.





More cuteness, treasures, and fairy lights!

Let's go inside to the coffee shop where our meeting was held...It's a very comfy little hangout...What could be better than a very inviting little space with lots to see, a good cup of coffee, and wi-fi?



Here, our guest speaker, Ray Dougherty, is teaching us about the importance of blog titles and first lines, and why they matter when it comes to search engine optimization...


We had a good size group of bloggers attending this May meeting.  It's always so much fun to hang out with my blogger friends and meet new ones.  If you would like to know more about our group, click on the tab at the top of this page.

Some of my friends posted earlier this month on the meeting.  It's always fun to see different takes on a particular subject or happening...If you would like to jump over to their blogs to take a look, here are some links:



And, now, back to the Silverhill Market and information on their hours and all that good stuff...

Their location:  16320 Silverhill Avenue (the main drag through the tiny town...can't miss it!)
Phone:  (251) 945-6500
Hours:  9-5 most days...
Link to their facebook page:  Silverhill Market on facebook

It's the kind of place where you can wander around for hours, sit and take a break with a cup of coffee, then wander some more!  It would be the perfect little day trip destination while enjoying your Alabama beach vacation.  Plan to spend at least a couple of hours when you go!

I'll go now and edit some more pictures for the next post...stay tuned, and thank you for stopping by!


Shared with:


6 comments:

  1. We had a great time and I enjoyed wearing my new skirt from JuJu Queen! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and you wore it beautifully! I was admiring your "look" as I edited the pics! Thank you, once again, for shopping Juju Qyeen's Junk!

      Delete
  2. Judy, you got some great shots. The metal ceiling looks awesome in that last photo. I have to go back there to look around again. What a neat place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorraine! Isn't the ceiling great? Did you notice the light fixtures? They were made from found/reclaimed junk. This place is definitely worth another trip back to see what we missed!

      Delete
  3. I think it's so amazing how we all got so many pictures and so many that aren't the same! I thought I'd seen everything, Judy, but you and Lorraine showed me things I hadn't seen! I can't wait to go back and explore some more!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Jenna, isn't there a lot to see? I would love to just spend the day taking pictures there!!! I will certainly go back again.

      Delete