Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Monday, May 11, 2015

Rearranging Juju Queen's Junk and Thrift Store Shopping

Hi friends!  Hope everyone had a good weekend and your week is getting off to a great start.  Mine is starting out busy!

I went out and about today after a wonderful weekend.  Running errands, thrift store shopping, and then headed over to Juju Queen's Junk to straighten, rearrange and add some new things. 

Here are a few pics of the shop after I've worked a bit...I have some cool things and I would love for you to stop in and see for yourself if you're in the Mobile, Alabama area.  I'm located at Antiques at the Loop on Florida Street.  Once inside, follow the green street signs to "The Loop" and look for the hippie, gypsy, boho, funky, crazy fun place!









I didn't have much luck at any of the thrift stores...I'll try again tomorrow when I go out to meet with my fellow area bloggers of the Southern Bloggers Jubilee.  More about that in a couple of days.  We are going to meet this month at a great little place in Silverhill, Alabama...Stay tuned!

On Wednesday, I plan to stay home and paint some things to take to the shop...I'm hooked on that great turquoise color these days.  I hope someone else likes it too, otherwise, I'm going to be stuck with lots of turquoise "things" in my house!  That actually wouldn't be a bad thing...I love me some bright color!


Shared with:



2 comments:

  1. Your shop looks packed full of treasures Judy! As for turquoise, it's my hands down favorite color, so I say, paint away!! I can't wait to come see all your treasures in person~great fun meeting you today at that wonderful funky Silverhill Market~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment, Jenna. Glad to hear you love turquoise, too! I honestly don't understand how anyone could not like it! Was so nice meeting you today, as well. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.
      Judy

      Delete