Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Friday, May 15, 2015

Fab Fashion Friday--My Style

I've always loved the Boho style of Stevie Nicks...


Image via Google search

Image via Google search

Image via Polyvore


Leather, lace, bell sleeves, flowing fabric, velvet, and lots of black.  Black is a color that hides a multitude of sins (or fat) and that can be a blessing for us ladies of a certain age... and it's quite dramatic.

Now, take that Stevie Nicks inspiration and add denim.  This is the way I dress most days.  I love the dichotomy of a pretty feminine, lacy top (or velvet in winter) with the ragged denim. That's me.  And, it's comfortable.  

Check out the bag!  I saw it advertised on facebook (Coastal Farmhouse) and showed hubby. He purchased it for me as a Mother's Day gift and I am waiting for it to show up any day now.  It is so perfect for me!  It's constructed in America of recycled canvas tarps that once covered military vehicles. It is trimmed out in leather and the LIVE, WORK, CREATE part just spoke to me.  I also love the fact that it has both black and brown, so it almost works with everything, and it has that sort of grungy look that I also love.  I wear lots of cross jewelry to represent my faith.  I purchased a hammered silver color cross bracelet with a black leather strap from my friend, Linda, of Coastal Charm Interiors, at her shop in Antiques at the Loop, and I already have earrings like these that I made.  

I also have a top that's very much like this one....Now if my bag would just show up, I would be ready to go out on the town...
The Epitome of Juju Queen Style

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If you still love it after you see mine, you might just have to order one for yourself too! Mine should be here Monday....

      Delete
  2. That is one cool bag Judy! Your hubs is one smart man!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a great bag? And, as for hubby, I did hit the lottery when I got him!
      Thanks for stopping by, Jenna!

      Delete