Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Thursday, May 28, 2015

DIY Upcycled Denim Bag for Random Purse Stuff

Do you have random things that look a lot like this hanging out in the bottom of your purse? Well, I'm tired of digging around in the bottom of the dark hole searching for things, so I decided I needed a small bag of some sort to hold these necessary things.  I looked in the stores at makeup bags, thinking they could serve the purpose, but I didn't like any of the designs and patterns.  They just didn't "go" with my purse...


Being the denim upcycler that I am, I went into the studio and started cutting and sewing, and this is what I created.


It's just a simple rectangular shaped, lined bag, with a flap across the top for the closure.  It is wrapped in a "sweater" of vintage handmade lace that was once a doily. 

Front

Back

Flap with Button Closure

Lining with Signature

Filling the Bag with the "Stuff"



Now, here's a closer look at some details.





And, now it's time to put the bag in the purse.


Doesn't it look pretty with the blue and white striped lining in the big bag?  This is the bag that I shared with you in Fab Fashion Friday last week (link here).  I'm LOVING it, but it didn't have but one small pocket inside.  

Now that I've made this "stuff bag", I'm thinking I should make more--one for coupons and gift cards, one for coins that usually end up in the bottom of the bag, one for keys, one for.......and this is how life goes for me.  I have so much fun!

Thanks for visiting with me today.  I hope you'll come back soon.  If you would like to follow along and want to be sure you never miss a post, subscribe using the "follow me on bloglovin" button on the sidebar.


Shared with:

4 comments:

  1. Love the little bag, Judy! I especially like the way you combined denim and doilies. Looks great in your purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry! I'm sort of addicted to searching for those vintage doilies and old lace now that I've started combining it with the denim. I appreciate the comment. I need to get over to Laurel to see what you have one of these days soon!
      Judy

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! I love recycle projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria! I love to see other people get excited about reusing and recycling whatever we can. Thanks for dropping in and commenting!
      Judy

      Delete