Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Wednesdays- Celebrating Color

Today marks the end of our trip around the color wheel.  It's been fun and interesting to focus on one color at a time...and it gives us an opportunity to explore the world around us to find the colors.  It was sort of like a color scavenger hunt!  Anyway, the last color is yellow, and it's so appropriate right now because the sun has been shining beautifully and we now find ourselves right in the middle of spring.  Yellow blooms are popping up all around...

Once more, the color wheel...remember when we started, back at yellow-green?  This is the post that got us going on our colorful trip.  (Here)


I found a fun one to share...soft little baby chicks!  Isn't it funny how the timing worked out for us to come around to yellow now...in early spring?  I mean, wouldn't it be strange to celebrate yellow in December?  Hmmm.  Just something to think about...

Via Squishyyellowthings.blogspot.com

Bananas!  My morning smoothie just wouldn't be the same without them...

Via Pixshark.com

Some of those pops of yellow that are springing up all around...


Via Pinterest.com

Lemons.  

Via sites.google.com

Now, this one is making me want to grill out!  It will be a couple of months yet before we can enjoy fresh grilled corn, but it sure will be good while it lasts.


Via Imgkid.com

More yellow flowers...

Via Pixshark.com

Now, this looks like fun!  

Via livinginitalian.com

...and we can't talk about yellow without mentioning the school bus.

Via clker.com


Yellow and the compliment violet...Let me see what I can dig up.

Via worldofstock.com

Via Bfz.biz

Well, that completes our trip and we're now back where we started.  If you followed along with me, thank you!  I hope you enjoyed it and maybe even learned a little bit about color theory.  I will from time to time talk about more complex color theory, but it will be very random from this point on as I take on other projects.  I mentioned yesterday about opening Juju Queen's Junk in one of our local antique malls here in Mobile,  Antiques at the Loop, so I will be spending a lot of time now on that venture.  It's going to be fun, but it will get into my "blogging time" a little.  I will be posting on the shop frequently, so I hope you'll follow along as my journey goes off into another direction.  

Watch for pics of my shop within the next day or so!







2 comments:

  1. I'm only starting to like the color yellow lately and have been wearing it a bit more than I ever did. Looking forward to seeing pics of your shop. I have to get over there one of these days. Hubby will have to drive me until I get over my fear of going over the bayway by myself. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow is a "happy" color...it always makes me smile, so just think about it like this...when you wear yellow, you are spreading a little happiness around, cause I know I'm not the only one who thinks "happy" when I see yellow!
      I posted pics of the shop on the post for today (Thursday), so you can see what it looks like until you get over your fear of the bayway. You should use the causeway- traffic is not as fast moving there. I like to always use the causeway anyway.

      Delete