Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

We Have a Fitting Room at Juju Queen's Junk...and More Junk


Hello everyone!  Thanks for checking in to see what's been going on in my world...

Last week, Hubby took vacation days so that we could get some tasks accomplished.  You know the little things around the house that you never can seem to get around to?  Well, some of those things were taken care of, but the most exciting part to me was building the new fitting room at Juju Queen's Junk!  It was part of the plan from the beginning, but it was one of those things that we couldn't find the time to do until last week.  Right in the middle of the job, the power went out.  It stayed out for about three hours, and so I had to go back the next day to finish the job.  Anyway, now let me show you where groovy ladies can now try on clothes at the shop!


See it, off to the right?  We used antique doors for the walls, just putting them together with mending plates from the hardware store.  I picked louvered doors for the back wall so that I could use "s" hooks to hang artwork on the back side.  


This is the back side and end of the fitting room.  The mermaids are hanging on the louvered doors. The door at the end is nothing special, just a panel door.


But this one is my favorite door!  I fell in love with the window.  Hubby was confused.  It was funny...he asked my why I would use a door with a window in it to make a fitting room...Curtains, silly man, curtains!  Layers and layers of fabric, just stapled up at the top.  I didn't even hem them...I'm going for a hippie, bohemian, gypsy thing here, so it's sort of a "make do" fitting room, with a groovy feel!  I used a denim blue paisley fabric for the front drape and it's held back by beaded passementerie from the fabric store, in gold to coordinate with the fabric that hangs on the inside.  There are two mirrors, one at each end so that one can see the front and the back.



...and I topped it with peacock and pheasant feathers, all tied together with strips of burlap.


I put a chair underneath the window of the fitting room.  Makes a good place to sit, or display clothes...and it's also for sale.  The chair is as found.  I thought about refinishing and recovering in denim, but I figured I should put it in the shop like this for now.  It looks sort of bohemian, just like it is.  If it doesn't sell like this, I can always redo it later.

Well, that's about all I can say about the fitting room.  I can't believe I almost did the entire post about a fitting room!  Now, I'll share a few more details...

The clothes...


Some jewelry...





Vintage, recycled, and up cycled home goods...






...and bits of things...


That's  a quick glimpse...for a closer look, come visit!  Juju Queen's Junk is just a tiny bit of what awaits you at Antiques at the Loop.  Just look...it goes on and on and on...


I know you were wishing for a closer look at Toe-Mater, the truck, so here it (or he/she) is.


There are street signs hanging from the ceiling.  Juju Queen's Junk is in the back, left side, at The Loop.

Well, that's about all I have to share for this episode.  Hope you have a great week!


8 comments:

  1. Looks adorable. Can't wait to see it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate the sweet comment. I'm spending a lot of time there lately...maybe I'll run into you!

      Delete
  2. Oh I have to try and get there soon. It looks fantastic! The fitting room was a great idea. You're so lucky to have hubby helping you put it all together. Those peacock feathers look so pretty tied at the top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And, yes, I do have the best hubby in the world...I just give him the plan and he makes it happen. I just had to add the peacock feathers for an extra dose of fun! Glad you like them.

      Delete
  3. Judy,
    You have been one busy lady and it shows. Your space looks so good and I am so happy to have you at the Loop!!! That dressing room is so darn cute!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thank you so much for the sweet comments...you don't know what that means to me, coming from you, and I appreciate everything you've done to help me get this far! Looking forward to more future Loop fun!

      Delete
  4. Wow, thanks for taking us to the booth! It looks great and the fitting room, such a cool idea and so well done! Wish I lived closer so I could come visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn, for your sweet comment and for following! Maybe one day you will find yourself coming to the gulf coast for a vacation and this could be a fun day trip...

      Delete