Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Monday, April 27, 2015

Showing Off A New Boho Style Swag Lamp

I just completed this lamp, and I'm really happy with it!  It's one of those projects that I started months ago, when I found this cool black and gold metal decorator bowl at the thrift store.  I imagined it upside down and up-cycled into a hanging lamp.  I already had a light kit at home, so I thought it would just take an hour or so to make.  I envisioned strands of glass beads hanging all around the bottom, so that it would have a magical sparkle.  I had the beads, so I did that part (which took hours), then I couldn't find the light kit.  I know I have it somewhere, but I've searched and searched...Oh well, I will find it when I'm not looking for it.  I went to World Market and purchased another light kit yesterday, so I was finally able to finish it.  It wasn't quite as easy as I had first imagined it would be.  I used multiple drill bits, snips and grinders, but I did finish it- all by myself.  (I didn't have to call Hubby for backup which happens frequently with my projects.)  In went a light bulb, and here it is!  








It's going to the shop tomorrow, along with some of the other goodies that I've shown you the last couple of days.  Juju Queen's Junk at Antiques at the Loop...

If you missed the post yesterday, I would love to have you read it.  (Link here.)  It's all about an art auction that I've got going on Ebay now to raise funds for a friend who is in the hospital with a flesh eating bacteria.  He is a self-employed husband and father of two young children.  Just trying to do my tiny little part to help.   Here is the link to the auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/301610143995

Thanks for hanging out with me for a bit.  I know we're all very busy, so it means a lot to me.  




No comments:

Post a Comment