Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Let Me Show You Around Juju Queen's Junk

Still working like crazy to get more treasures ready for the shop, but I decided to take a break and show you around.  This way, you can follow along as it evolves.  And anyway, I need to sit for a minute!

So, as I told you before, I moved into the space on April 1st, and I've already made another trip down to take a second car load of things.  I've got more ready to go today too, so hopefully it'll look full real soon.  I'm still on the lookout for more big furniture pieces- I'm sure I'll run across some cool things this weekend when I get out to the yard sales.  Also, hubby is off work next week so he is going to build a fitting room in one end of the space.  We're going to use old doors and cool layers of fabric for the doorway to give it a flowy gypsy, boho feel.  I also have mercury glass bulb lights to string up overhead...Anyway, there's lots more to come, but here's where I am now.






















See the customer?  Funny (sort of) story...she didn't know I was "Juju", and while I was taking pictures, I overheard her say to her friend, "Look, we can make these, and they'll be a really fast and easy way to make money.  I'm going to take a picture!"...which she proceeded to do with her cell phone.  Yes, I thought she was a "customer", but not really...Oh well.  I did think it was sort of funny though, that she had no idea I was right there behind her listening...




That's all I have to show you for this post.  As I said, I've got lots more to add to the space...stay tuned!  

Oh, here are my new cards that I just ordered...can't wait to get them and start handing them out. And I also ordered one of those magnet signs to put on the car.  I've always wanted one of those...


Thanks for visiting with me today, and if you're local, I would love to have you check out my shop! If you're not local, come see us!  Don't know if you've heard or not, but we have great beaches down here!  Come on down...

Shared with:





15 comments:

  1. Everything looks fabulous! My hubby lets people take photos of his stuff and he actually tells them how to make their own. It makes for good Karma or customer relations or whatever. In reality, if they're going to copy you, there's nothing you can do to stop them, so no use getting upset I guess, right? Still, I think that was pretty rude of that lady to say what she said loud enough for other people to hear. I remember Linda from Coastal Charm describing a similar experience at her booth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I normally freely show people how to do things when they ask or act interested and nice...she wasn't being nice...I didn't tell everything in the post. She was making fun of some of my things and I don't like negativity. Let's just say she was very opinionated! Maybe she will see herself here and, well, ....think before she opens her mouth next time, or at least look around and see who can hear her!
      Thank you for your comment. I appreciate you reading my posts.

      Delete
  2. Judy,
    Your space looks great!!! I was in there early today after my eye dr. appointment. Looking forward to seeing your lights. I find it funny too that this lady was saying this out loud...some people are just not very smart.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! I went by again today after lunch and looked around to see if you were in there anywhere. I guess I went by after you. Yes, people sometimes open their mouth without thinking things through sometimes...Can't wait to get everything completely put together and gypsified!

      Delete
  3. Everything looks great, Judy! Good luck with your booth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sherry...I could probably learn a thing or two from you!

      Delete
  4. Your new space looks wonderful Judy! I know it's going to be very successful!
    Cindy
    www.edithandevelynvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely going to have to take a look now and explore all you've got in there! Fun stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hope! Our styles are very similar...I always like what you make, too!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Hope! Our styles are very similar...I always like what you make, too!

      Delete
  6. Just now found this post since I've been back from travels . . . trust me, that woman will never make what you've made. People talk all the time about how they can easily reproduce some sort of artwork or craft they see, but they'll never get around to finding the materials, organizing, and sitting down to actually do it. You are an original and it will show through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie Anne, for the sweet comment! I can't worry myself about such things...I'm just trying to focus on making more things and enjoying the process. So far, so good!

      Delete
  7. It looks awesome! I love all the denim stuff, and you know I love those bracelets! Can't wait to go see it in person. As far as that lady goes, it never ceases to amaze me when I hear people say something like that about something I've made. I've even had them ask me how to do it. I usually start explaining and by the time I get to the third or fourth step their eyes begin to glaze over and I know they're never going to do it - haha! Good luck with your new space!

    Peace,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! That denim has been so much fun to play with. I'm getting ready to cover a simple chair with it next! Lots more to do in the shop later this week...it's fun. I'm not worried about people like that lady I mentioned...it's just part of it. I appreciate your sweet comment!

      Delete