Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Juju Queen's Junk is Open!

Hello friends and Happy Easter!  I've seen some bunnies hopping around and a few brightly colored eggs, but I'm celebrating the day for it's original, real purpose- the day Jesus Christ rose from the tomb after paying the price for the sins of the entire world, to include yours and mine.  We have the promise of eternal life through Jesus, and for that I am grateful.  


Now, if you've noticed that I've been "missing" the last week or so, I want to explain why. It's actually great news.  I've given birth again- to another shop!  (Sorry about the "birth" part...just wanted to make sure you were paying attention!)  I've been really busy trying to get everything ready and transported to the new place, located inside Antiques at the Loop in Mobile.  Juju Queen's Junk is now open! 

I shared a little bit about the shop to come in this post.  I wasn't able to use the banner, but that's okay...it'll come in handy when I do shows.  It still has this feel.

If you stand back and look at the booth, this is what you'll see:  
  • Denim delirium, which is a ton of denim that I've begun recycling and up-cycling.  (More about that in future posts!)
  • Gypsy and Bohemian style home decor and clothing.
  • Mermaids...lots of mermaids.
  • Jewelry made from recycled and up-cycled things, such as bullet shell casings, buttons, crystals, etc.
  • Cats..not real ones, but lots of representations, mostly art.  All art is my original work.
  • Vintage, fun and funky finds...

...and after getting it all set up I was so tired that I forgot to take pictures!  

I'm going back on Monday to add more fun "junk" and I'll take pics then.  Stay tuned.  

And if you find yourself in Mobile, I would love to have you visit!  I'm in the back part of this HUGE place...just look for the denim.  

And go visit my friend, Linda, in the front of the store at Coastal Charm Interiors where you will find chippy, shabby, coastal treasures.  Her shop is great and VERY popular.  If you find something you like, you need to grab it right then before someone else does.  Things don't hang around long in her shop.

I will be adding a new page to my blog, Juju Queen's Junk, where I will feature shop talk...lots of fun in the works.




8 comments:

  1. HAPPY EASTER Judy!! Thank you for the shout out. I will be by the shop tomorrow too...can't wait to see your space. Welcome to the LOOP!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, don't judge me just yet...I still have lots more "junk" to add.

      Delete
  2. So happy for you and can't wait to visit! Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's going to be fun...if I can just get everything in there! I'm working like crazy, but enjoying every minute of it.

      Delete
  3. I was wondering where you were and what you were up to. Good luck with the booth space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing that I was missing! lol It's going to be a lot of work, but it's the kind of thing I live for...Hope to see you soon.

      Delete
  4. OHhhhhhh!! How exciting! I'll have to pop in there the next time I'm over in Mobile. Can't wait to see more of your stuff in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to have you stop in! I'm there a lot now...tweaking and playing...Maybe I'll see you!

      Delete