Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wednesday- Celebrating Orange

Wow!  It's been a busy week, so I'm a bit late getting this post up.  Better late than never...

Now I'll jump right in with my color celebration for the week.  Today it's about orange...pure orange. And, as a side note, that puts us about three-quarters of the way around the color wheel!  

If you're like me, the first thing that pops into your mind when you hear the word "orange" is, well, an orange.  

Via Pngimg.com

Now that I've put that beautiful juicy looking orange up there...let's see if I can find some other things while ignoring my craving for a glass of cold orange juice!

I found lots of pretty flowers.  This is one of my favorites, the daylily.

Via Commons.Wikimedia.org

There are lots of fruits and veggies in this color...food that's pretty and good for you, too!

Via Produce.myriadprint.com

I thought this was a fun one to share!  Orange shoes.  Lots of orange shoes.

Via TheFreeDictionary.com


A blogger shared a pretty splash of orange for a room. 

Orange painted dresser. You can get this look without primer or sanding by using Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan, in Barcelona Orange, then Clear Wax.
Via Primitiveandproper.blogspot.com

Look what else I found in orange!  How pretty...and, I think now I'm craving something sweet. Forget about the orange juice.  I need a cup of coffee and one of these!

Via Heb.com

The complement of orange is blue, so this complementary color scheme will be the same as when we visited blue.  Here's a gorgeous shot of a blue and orange sky that I found on Pinterest.  It just had a number, so I"m not sure who should get credit for the pretty picture.




When a little white is added to orange, it becomes a peach-like color.  I found an image that will also show us what happens when black is added to orange.  


Via DanielleHirsch.com

Since the day is almost gone, I need to hurry and publish this...sorry it's a little short!  

I've got some fun and exciting things to share over the next few days, so check back often, or better yet, get a link to the blog right in your email box.  You can sign up on the sidebar at either Bloglovin or click on the orange icon where it says "click this button to subscribe"...

Thanks for stopping by!  



2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for orange shoes for a while now. One of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go to Polyvore online and click on shop...you can find some amazing shoes! My orange ones get a lot of wear in the summer.
      Thanks for coming by!

      Delete