Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

New Silver Pendant...Pretty in Pink

Hello!  Wanted to share my latest silver creation.  Just finished last week, this pendant features a pink lace agate cabochon.  I cut the main piece in what I describe as a random "deckled edge" design, and then added texture and interest with a bunch of straight lines, fanning outward in sort of sunburst design. The bail on this one is wide and open so that it can be placed on the custom matching beaded necklace, or a sterling silver wire collar.  It's a statement piece!  

These first pics show the pendant hanging on a custom beaded necklace...it includes beads of pink agate, glass and crystal in colors pulled from the focal pendant. Closure is a sterling silver clasp.




It's actually polished and shiny on the back, but you can see tiny scratches  in the picture...That's what happens when silver is polished.  Just can't see it with the naked eye.  


It's actually polished and shiny on the back, but you can see tiny scratches  in the picture above...That's what happens when silver is polished.  Just can't usually see the scratches with the naked eye.  


And, here it is for a more casual look, on the sterling silver neck wire.  



Here's a closer look at the "enhancer" style bail.  This is my favorite type of bail because of the versatility that it gives.  


I put together this earthy pink linen outfit that would look pretty with the pink lace agate...Doesn't the dress look comfortable?  I remember hearing my mother speak of "sack dresses" and I'm wondering if this is what she was talking about...I love the pockets and 3/4 length sleeves.


Early Pink Linen


Pink dress
$205 - johnlewis.com



2 comments: