Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wednesday Celebrating Color with Blue-Violet

So, I'm feeling a little bit under the weather today, drinking lots of warm drinks and soup for a sore throat, Mucinex and trying to get lots of rest...It's on days like this that I'm so glad I don't have to get out in the world to go to work to a regular 9 to 5 job.  I was fine yesterday and enjoyed a great day out with blogging friends and then on to my silversmithing class.  I hope I didn't spread any sick germs to any of my friends ... 

With that said, I'm late getting my Celebrating Color post up today, but here it is finally!  I'm exploring Blue-Violet...now, let's go have some fun!



Via Mlhsartgallery.org

Via imgkid.com

Via Little Wing Faerie Art on Etsy

Via Dubi Shapiro Surfbirds.com

Shown here with the color complement, across the color wheel, yellow-orange.  See how it works?  Using them together just makes each color so much stronger...


color block: silk top + pencil skirt
Via Happy Techie on Pinterest

cvetovaya-palitra-1763
Via Color.Romanuke.com

...and here, the complements are still being used, but the colors have been grayed down with a little black.  See how the colors feel a little more traditional?

Blue & Lemon Diamonds Quilt by QOB, via Flickr
Via Quiltsonbastings.blogspot.com

Here, we have lighter versions of the colors.


floral arrangement / flower bouquet / flower http://www.redbubble.com/people/chantalc/works/8442168-heart-of-a-tulip-macro-shot-of-stamen-and-pistil-yellow-orange-flower-outdoors-flora-photography
Via Decor8blog.com

It looks like Claude Monet had the color wheel all figured out!  I guess that's why they are called the "masters"...

Claude Monet

I hope you've enjoyed our visit to the color wheel today, and hanging out with Blue-Violet. It's one of the colors that you don't see very frequently used in decorating or fashion...I don't know why that is, but it is so.  God gave us many examples of the hue in flowers, so we can bring the color into our decor with some cut bouquets...that would be nice, especially in a light golden yellow room.

Thanks for visiting with me today.  Next post should be up tomorrow (about where our Southern Bloggers Jubilee group hung out yesterday) if I get to feeling more like writing.  If not, it will be up soon.  

4 comments:

  1. Judy,
    Sorry that you are feeling bad...hope you get well soon!!! LOVE the color of the week.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I'm sure I'll be okay in a couple of days...sometimes I think it's my body just saying "slow down woman!"...
      Glad you liked my color post...it is a gorgeous color.
      Judy

      Delete
  2. Love that bird photo! Sorry you're not feeling well. It was good seeing you and chatting the other day. I'm sure if we had more time, we could go on and on about stuff. I hope you weren't too late for your silversmithing class. I can't wait to see what you're working on. Keep warm and get well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lorraine! Thanks for the sweet comment. That bird photo is great...it looks like velvet. I wish we had birds like that flying around our yards in Alabama! And, yes, we could go on and on about stuff...we should get together sometime and spend the day together. I sent a message to the teacher at my silversmithing class to let her know that I was okay, so it was all fine. I did manage to almost make a bracelet. I only have to set the stone and polish it and then it's ready to wear. Of course I'll share pics! Thank you for following my silly antics, my friend.

      Delete