Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Fab Fashion Fridays

Today, I'm showing you an outfit that I actually wore yesterday.  I get compliments on the shirt every time I wear it, so I decided to share it with you and show you how I wear it and where I got it. 

I found the shirt a year or so ago on a website called Yizzam.  It's one of those artsy type shops that I love to browse, and when I came upon the Lady McBeth t-shirt, I had to have it. I have a thing for crowns and she's placing the crown on her head, and look at that dress!!!  Anyway, I have been very pleased with the shirt.  It's very soft and comfortable to wear, and just funky enough for my style.  It's made in the USA, too.  I love to buy gifts from Yizzam because you can browse the artwork and find something for anyone on your gift list. 

Sometimes it's hard to find exact matches to show on Polyvore, so I have to find a similar piece to substitute, as is the case with the cardigan I'm showing here.  Mine is actually a little heavier, cable knit version of the burnt orange cardigan, but this one is standing in for mine today.

I was shopping in my local thrift store a few days ago and found these exact Levi's jeans for $2.25! The wide-leg cut is great for the "over 50 ladies" as it creates a very slimming look when worn with high heels.   They are very comfortable, and I'm loving them even more now that I see the price tag on these...$59.99.  That was a good day thrift shopping!  

So with the jeans and t-shirt and sweater on, I threw on a black belt, slipped on my black booties and added one of my silver creations, my cuff bracelet with the citrine (shown at the bottom) and that was it.  Even though these booties are high heels, they are extremely comfortable and are nice stable shoes with good support.  Mine get lots of wear.  I pushed the sweater sleeves up so that it's a little more casual and it gave the bracelet a chance to shine.  

As we get closer to spring, I'll just omit the sweater and the look still works.  



Art to Wear #5

Art to Wear #5 by judypimperl featuring kate spade jewelry


My actual bracelet...


Clu cardigan
lespommettes.com


Topshop black boots
topshop.com


Kate spade jewelry
macys.com


Pieces black belt
$34 - pieces.com



Sargent Ellen Terry as Lady Macbeth" (1889)
yizzam.com




I was not compensated in any way by any of the merchants mentioned in this blog post.  

I hope you enjoyed the post today.  If you like what you see and would like to follow by email, just click on the icon on the sidebar, then check your spam folder for the first email.  When you get the first one, save my address in your address book so that future emails will then go straight into your inbox.  I'm also on Pinterest (QueenJuju) and Etsy (JujuQueen).  Thanks for dropping in today!



2 comments:

  1. I think I'm liking these wide-legged jeans! This is an adorable outfit. I always love orange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the wide legs, too! Anthropologie is showing lots of wide leg options in their new line...love it when new things come out that flatter my older body! Thanks for reading Leslie Anne!

      Delete