Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wednesday- Celebrating Color

Hi everyone!  It's Wednesday and that means it's time for another post about color.  The first post (last week) was about Yellow/Green, one of my favorites, and the color that you will see over and over again on my blog.  If you missed that first Wednesday - Celebrating Color, just click here for the link to it.  I thought I would just work my way around the wheel in a systematic way, so I'm going to share an image of the color wheel here...


...and now we'll move to the color green.   Just like last week, I'm going to share some green images that speak to me.  Incidentally, I love the month of April, and I think it's simply because everything is starting to turn green once again!  I'm just going to warn you ahead of time... there will probably be some pics of living green things up ahead...

judypimperl.blogspot.com Via Pricescope.com Vintage emerald ring ~ I have overwhelming feelings of heart thumps for this ring
Via Pricescope.com

judypimperl.blogspot.com Via Quickwitter.tumblr .Inspirational Patterns that can be interpreted by #SICIS The Art Mosaic Factory and be created into a custom #mosaic
Via Quickwitter.tumblr.com

judypimperl.blogspot.com Via Beautiful-Portals. tumblr
Via Beautiful-Portals.tumblr.com

judypimperl.blogspot.com Via: source unknown sew #green, #emerald
Via:  Unknown 

judypimperl.blogspot.com Via gemvara.com Color in green. Inspiration for #green #gems
Via Gemvara.com

judypimperl.blogspot.com Via Brad Pedersen on FlickrPeach-faced lovebirds at the Honolulu Zoo • photo: Brad Pedersen on Flickr
Via Brad Pedersen Flickr.com

judypimperl.blogspot.com via  erecipes.blogspot.com IMPOSSIBLY EASY Crinkle Cake Cookies - Minty Green for Holidays... Like it says, soooooo easy. Perfect to make with kids. Uses a store bought cake mix. Ready from opening the box to eating a hot PRETTY cookie in 20 minutes. Soft, Chewy and a GREAT presentation look!
Via Erecipecards.blogspot.com
judypimperl.blogspot.com Via JellySundae.Tumblr There are just times when I see pics like this and am in awe of what order there truly is in the universe that we walk by every day without noticing.
Via Jellysundae.Tumblr

judypimperl.blogspot.com Via beadinggem.com http://www.beadinggem.com/2014/09/3d-nature-inspired-beadwork-by-julia.html
Via beadinggem.com


judypimperl.blogspot.com Google Image Result for http://www.smallgardenlove.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/moss-chair.jpg
Via SmallHomeLove.com

judypimperl.blogspot.com  Brighten up the day, created by keri-cruz on Polyvore
Via Keri-Cruz on Polyvore

This last one is a perfect example of complementary colors and they way they work together to make one another really stand out and shine!  The way you locate a complementary color is to go straight across the color wheel, so the complementary color for green is red.   See how the red really pops out of the sea of green?

judypimperl.blogspot.com Via Loran Conrad
Via Lauren Conrad

And on that bright note, I'll close this episode of Wednesday- Celebrating Color.  Next week, I hope you'll join me as I celebrate Blue-Green.

Judy

 If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!




4 comments:

  1. Oh, I would dearly love to have that green coat! The frog handbag looked a little too real and I had to really look closely to make sure it wasn't a big "Yuck" factor!
    Green is definitely in my top three favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That coat would look pretty on you! I love both of these pieces, too, especially that frog bag. I'm pretty funky when it comes to dressing, but I'm not sure I could even pull off a frog purse! It sure would be fun to have though! Thanks for reading, Leslie Anne.

      Delete
  2. I love the moss covered chair. I can't wait for green to return outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do too, Kim! Wouldn't you love to hang out with the creative person that thought of that? I'm looking forward to spring, too!
      Thanks for reading. I appreciate you.

      Delete