Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Wednesday- Celebrating Color

Have you ever even thought about what the world would look like in black and white?  It would be so depressing and drab.  I pray that I never lose my sight - I find it hard to even think about it for more than a few seconds...Color plays a huge part in our moods and feelings, probably more than we can even imagine.  I'm going to start a new event here on the blog each Wednesday- A Celebration of Color. I will work my way around the fabulous color wheel with pics that I've curated each week that speak to me, and scream COLOR!  

I'm going to kick off this new event with my favorite...If you're reading this on the blog right now, just look to your right and left for a big, bright hint!  GREEN, but more specifically, a bright green that leans toward yellow on the color wheel.  



Now, if you follow my blog and art, you know I'm all about really bright versions of colors...If you want to calm the colors down a bit, you can either add a little white to lighten it up or a little black to ground it.  They're all pretty in the right places, with the latter two options being found in traditional decor.  The lighter versions are pretty in cottage or beach looks... I will close out the post with some pics showing the more traditional (lighter and darker) versions of the color so that there's something here for everyone!  Okay, let's get this green party started...with the bright stuff!



judypimperl.blogspot.com  Via Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. This door shows just how incredible the colours in Chalk Paint™ decorative paint by Annie Sloan are. There are so many different combinations to try and they look amazing.
                               


judypimperl.blogspot.com via vernanda blanco- blanco.fernanda1967@gmail.com
Via Fernanda Blanco

judypimperl.blogspot.com  via Apartment Therapy
Via Apartment Therapy

judypimperl.blogspot.com  via ParsleySageSweet.com Fresh Green Apple Ice using whole green apples. Forget sorbet or ice cream, this stuff is the nectar of the gods and just as creamy. Perfect summer or anytime treat! Fat Free, Dairy Free, and Low Sugar. NO Food Color, all natural.
Via ParsleySageSweet

judypimperl.blogspot.com  via younghouselove.com  Exterior Doors | summer project: match your plants to the color of your front door, it will make your house stand out amongst the neighbors | Bayer Built Woodworks
Via Young House Love

Judypimperl.blogspot.com Old brass door handle-Mineral Museum, Marburg, Germany. A piece of art! Photo by John S. Holmes
Photo:  John S. Holmes

judypimperl.blogspot.com  via  centsationalgirl love when I can find lime green flowers at the store!!
Via Centsational Girl

judypimperl.blogspot.com via Bright Bold and Beautiful Blog Bright Bold and Beautiful, Daily inspiration since 2009
Via Bright Bold Beautiful

Judypimperl.blogspot.com Via This Silly Girl's Life55+ Fall Outfit Ideas - This Silly Girl's LifeThis Silly Girl's Life
Via This Silly Girl's Life

judypimperl.blogspot.com  via Apartment Therapy- Bree & Andy's DC Home Hits the Bright Spot
Via ApartmentTherapy.com

judypimperl.blogspot.com   via  Home decor ideas 1 blogLarge family  want to take a pic like this when we come to BB @Valerie Reynolds Lawson @Amber Shaffer
Via HomeDecorIdeas1.blogspot.com.uk

The next few pics show examples of the greyed down versions of the color, like you would find in the more traditional setting.  Although, I will note that the traditional French chair is still a little funky!   I think I would be very comfortable with that chair in my home...


judypimperl.blogspot.com via ceciliarosslee.blogFrench Victorian wing back tufted chair with a beautiful wood trim and bright green crushed velvet fabric - inspiration from #chinatownefurniture
Via Ceciliarosslee.blogspot.com
judypimperl.blogspot.com via evolutionsofstyle blog
Via EvolutionsofStyle.blogspot.com
judypimperl.blogspot.com Via Colin Cowie Weddings   Submerged green apples and dried hydrangeas make a great centrepiece for any table, wedding or event.
Via Colin Cowie Weddings

judypimperl.blogspot.com  via Bright Bold and Beautiful Blog- 12 Colorful Front Doors | Home | Bright Bold and Beautiful Blog
Via BrightBoldBeautiful.com
And, here is an example of the color with white added to give a more cottage or beachy feel, and it's paired with a gorgeous blue...I LOVE this combination.


judypimperl.blogspot.com  via designseeds.com  -boarded brights - I wish summer would finaly come to switzerland - we miss the sun
Via Design-Seeds.com

If you like what you see, there's more on my Green Pinterest board, here, where I will continually be adding more green eye candy.

Thanks for visiting me today...I hope this little dose of color brought a moment of happiness to your day!

Judy
                                       

 If you like what you see here, I would love to have you follow along.  To make sure that you don't miss anything, you can follow by e-mail.  Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and put it in the space  provided, or you can enter it at the top of the sidebar.  I never share your  addresses  with anyone, so  you  can  feel at ease by sharing it with me.  Also, your first mail from me will most likely end up in  your spam folder, so you will need to go look for that one, then click on my e-mail address and save it to your address book.  That will assure that all future e-mails will go  to your e-mail folder so that you can   actually  see them.  I would be honored to have you follow along as I play!
            

18 comments:

  1. This will be a fun series to follow, because I love color! Even though lately I'm pulled toward orange, I find my favorite color changes about every seven years. Isn't that strange? I once had a house with a red kitchen, orange living room and bright blue playroom. Green was the color I chose for my bridesmaid's dresses. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie Anne! It'll be great having you along as we play around the color wheel. That seven year thing is interesting...I change mine every few years, too, but this green love affair has been around for four or five of years now...I've just changed the colors that I've paired with the green. I did have black with the green, and now it's mostly blue with the green...What would we do without color?

      Delete
  2. I definitely need color in my life and am drawn to more blues, but I do seem to incorporate green here and there when I find a piece that speaks to me. Fun post!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary Alice! Stick around for a couple of weeks and I'll be around to blue on the color wheel. Thanks for the visit and sweet comment!
      Judy

      Delete
  3. I am loving all the greens! I am a fan of color and it being used a lot! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate you stopping in...I'm looking forward to sharing more color blasts on Wednesdays to come. Next will be blue-green...
      Judy

      Delete
  4. I love lime green, but alas I have none in my house, just some of my clothes. I may have to change that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun color......but, then, there are no bad colors on the color wheel. They're all great. It's all about how they're used. Keep me posted...I want to see what you do with the lime green if you decide to bring it into the house!

      Delete
    2. I really missed seeing you today at the bloggers meeting. I even wore a lime green shirt just for you. Hope you're feeling better. :-)

      Delete
    3. Oh, I missed being there with you all, too! Did anyone take pics? I want to see your shirt! I'm feeling better now that I'm up and around...it's just old age aches and pains that are bad when it's so dang cold. Can't wait till the next meeting...

      Delete
    4. I don't know if I'm in any pictures, but everyone was taking tons of photos. Eventually you'll see what went on as each of us posts about it over the next week or so. There's a photo of the back of my head on the company's facebook page. I'm wearing my winter coat though. What about these temps?

      Delete
  5. Great post and pics, Judy! It's my favorite shade of green--a nice, acidic yellow-green! My favorite is the first pic (of chalk paint). It makes me want to do a painting right now using those colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Caren! That Annie Sloan color combo is great, and I can see why it makes you want to paint!

      Delete
  6. I too, change favorite home decor colors but the one color that makes my heart sing is pink! ;)


    Thank u for stopping by my Let's Talk Vintage post and for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and, thank you for dropping by my place, too!
      Judy

      Delete
  7. Judy,
    Great post about color. I don't have a lot of color in my home right now...but who knows that could change at any moment. I do have one guest room with some color.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! Lack of color can be pretty, too! It's all about how we pull the look together, and your look is beautiful!

      Delete