Words of late artist Frank Howell...I totally relate!


"There are few days off and no retirement from this entanglement of knowledge, passion and vision that will be molded and converted into creative expression. There are no guarantees of acceptance, understanding or reward, but...the noise inside the mind never ceases. I will paint today, tonight and for as many tomorrows as I am given..." Words of the late artist Frank Howell...

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wednesday- Celebrating Color- Blue

True blue...today it's all about the pure blue color that is found on the color wheel as one of the three primary colors (with the other two being yellow and red)... Primary colors are special.  Why?  Because they carry the workload of the entire spectrum of colors; it is from these three colors that all other colors are made.  


Now, think about blue for a minute...What comes to mind?  I immediately think of blue eyes, cobalt blue glass and ceylon blue sapphires.

What popped into your mind when you thought about blue?

Here are some pretty blue things that I found...


Via Onewed.com

Of course, I had to find some blue suede shoes!


Via dmarge.com

Via 1stdibs.com

Via Buzzfeed.com

Via Indulgy.com

Via  kriegerdenis940 Flickr.com

Now, I'll share some blue with the complementary color, orange.


Via Delish.com

Via Michael Zeigler on Flickr.com

Since I'm in Alabama, I can't leave the blue and orange color story without mentioning the school colors for Auburn University - Blue and orange.  I'm not going to include a pic here, as the logo is a registered trademark and I don't want to ruffle any feathers!  If you pay attention to school colors, they will very often be complementary colors on the color wheel.

What we call "navy" blue is pure blue with black added to it.  Here is is shown with the complement, orange.

Via Aliexpress.com

When white is added to pure blue, it becomes a very tranquil light blue, sometimes referred to as baby blue.


Via Go4costumes.com

Via Leron.com

That's about all I can think of to share with you for the blue post...I'll be back next week to explore blue-violet.  Thanks for following along with me on our trip around the color wheel!


8 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious that blue window has me stunned! I will probably think of that next time I think of the color blue! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? I don't believe I've ever seen a stained glass window that's prettier.
      Thanks for coming by to see the post!

      Delete
  2. Hi there, just wanted to say, I loved this blog post.

    It was inspiring. Keep on posting!

    my blog paleo cereal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by! Hope you can join me in the following weeks as I work my way around the color wheel.

      Delete
  3. I have loved blue for ever well since I was a teenager and now I am a seniorager LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That post made me chuckle! I'm right there with you, both loving blue and being of that "certain age"...Thanks for coming by. Hope you can join me next week as I continue my trip around the color wheel.

      Delete
    2. I meant "comment", not "post"...I need more coffee. My brain is still fuzzy! Or, maybe it's just that senior thing...lol

      Delete
    3. I meant "comment", not "post"...I need more coffee. My brain is still fuzzy! Or, maybe it's just that senior thing...lol

      Delete